Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 3076 times)

Timothy Weir

Newbie here
« on: September 13, 2018, 05:12:47 AM »
Hi all, I am new here and new to RVing. I recently acquired our Contessa and have been doing some freshening up, new tires lots of elbow grease and just general running through the coach. One of the items I want to tackle before a shake down run is to replace all of my coolant hoses. It appears to be a rather daunting task but I will persevere. The one thing I search for in just about every area is part numbers for hoses. Most of the heater hoses are all 3/4" . Has anybody compiled a list of hose part numbers for the larger radiator hoses or is it just a pull and search project?
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:27:08 AM »
Tim
I always suggest Beaver Coach Sales for parts that are unique to brand or model.  They have more mark up than might be found in some places but the quality is always there.

Welcome to the club and Beaver family.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 12:54:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Hoses are pretty common throughout the industry as long as they are not formed. I get mine at NAPA.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 03:34:43 PM »
Tim,
If there are any formed hoses, the chassis manufacturer (in your case it will be either Gillig or Spartan, I am not sure on the 1993 Contessa) will usually have a part # or the hose irself in stock. However, if it is a straight hose, just do like Fred stated and go to NAPA, or your favorite large auto/truck parts store. 

Gerald

Timothy Weir

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »
Thanks guys, will give that a try, it's a Gillig. has a couple of formed hoses. While I was crawling around trying to put my list together I was surprised to find the lower hose after the trans cooler is formed to a 45 and the last guy to do the hoses couldn't figure out how to shorten one end so he just installed it partially kinked.  :o Nothing about sub par workmanship surprises me anymore.