Author Topic: A/C and Aqua Hot Problems  (Read 3699 times)

Gary Merrifield

A/C and Aqua Hot Problems
« on: September 04, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »
I had 3 new A/C units installed and 3 new Duotherm control boxes. Now the only thing that shows up on my 2 thermostats is the contro of the A/C units. The Aqua Hot doesn’t show up on the thermostat and the wires are not connected to the new controller. Can anyone help me determine what two wires on the controller do I need to hook up to the Aqua Hot wires.
Called Dometic and they were not much help.
I can be reached at 970-560-7744
The people that did the install will not call me back

Mike Shumack

Re: A/C and Aqua Hot Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 05:46:34 PM »
Possibly the "Dip switches" are not set for "furnace equipped". Or the (blue) wires from furnace where not connected.
Be careful if you try to fix this yourself - and can't fix it and end up bringing this back to company that did install they could claim that you messed with it and caused the problem.

Gary Merrifield

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »
Thanks Mike
The Company That did install won’t call back and they are 1000 miles round trip.

Gary Merrifield

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 06:44:41 PM »
They never hooked up the blue wires and they cut the Aqua Hot wires

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »
I would try to call John Carrillo on any Auqa Hot issue 970 518 3085 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Gary Merrifield

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 06:34:47 AM »
Got it fixed and I am taking it buy Johns shop to be serviced on Friday. Thanks for the help

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »
Can you tell us what was done to fix the problem - so we can all learn from this?

Gary Merrifield

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 03:47:40 AM »
When the Company in Las Vegas installed the new A/C units they just grabbed the first wire that had power and used it to power up the units.
When I got home I pulled down all 3 air intakes and started looking at the wires using the Beaver electrical schematic and foun they had used part of the Aqua Hot wires and left all of the rest of the wires cut or disconnected.
I talked my local RV guy into coming out and helping me. I showed him the wiring and told him what I had found. He disconnected everything and started with the wire that was suppose to supply power to the Dometic control board and worked from there using the Beaver schematic and The Dometic schematic and got everything hooked back up correctlly.
Use a trusted repair person