Author Topic: Did you know  (Read 3927 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Did you know
« on: September 16, 2018, 05:53:27 AM »
Anyone interested in a 2019 Marquis?
Yup thats right, a 2019...

Seems Monaco is now putting out just two models of coaches.  The Signature and the Marquis. 

www.monacocoaches.com/brochures/models
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

Re: Did you know
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »
Your link didn't work for me. This one works
https://www.monacocoach.com/2019-signature
 https://www.monacocoach.com/2019-marquis

Using the "Build My Coach" feature, a nicely outfitted coach build comes up around $470K.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:00:46 PM by Mike Shumack »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:00:06 PM »
As many of you know, Ty Kelly purchased the rights to Beaver about 2 years ago, so he owns the rights to use the Beaver trade mark and to manufacture a new Beaver coach, but he did not purchase the copyrighted model names from Monaco's owner. Therefore, Monaco has the right to use classic Beaver model names like Marquis and Thunder to attract potential buyers who associate the names to the classic elegance that is Beaver, but they can not use the name Beaver.

Gerald   
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »
Note that they are using a Freightliner, not a Roadmaster chassis for the 2018and 2019 models.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:39:44 PM »
I just find it interesting after all the new Beaver promises from Monaco.  They wouldn't produce a high end coach like Beaver but now that seems to be all they make.  I am thinking of all the good will they threw away and how many Beaver members now own SOB.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »
IMHO, Monaco will never build a Beaver they can add a logo to anything but it takes a commitment from the ownership to really stand behind the brand so far everything from Monaco has been to run from the brand. My feeling is looking for better value from other bands I just don't think that Monaco will every produce product and take pride in ownership.
A better choice in product would be with a brand that takes pride in the products they produce try Tiffin, Newell or Entegra all three of these companies offer good floor plans and the Spartan Chassis the 2019/2020 will use HWH with a computer ride. I think all three brands have superior Dealer Support networks

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »
Jerry, you meant “Newmar”, not Newell, right?  Newell’s are million dollar rigs built on their own chassis.

I agree Tiffin or Newmar are the next best currently-built option to Beaver or Country Coach.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Doug Allman

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »
Well Joel I used to think you may be correct, but in final analysis and purchase there is no one in the US other than Entegra that will stand behind their product with a two year warranty and therefore that leaves all the rest in this areas price market of $250,000 to $700,000 well behind. No other manufacturer, that I am today currently aware of , has stepped up and offers a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty on everything as Entegra does.
We have now been with Entegra for a year and a half and they have done everything they committed to at sale without hesitation, even some things that went above and beyond their promises they have volunteered to do or even paid for. Their vendors are extremely receptive to working out problems on any items that they provide and several have gone out of their way to be sure we are getting whatever we expected including replacing items we were not happy with.
Not meaning to be demeaning to anyone or to any other brand, but they do not offer or provide what Entegra does on a very highly electronically integrated sophisticated coach in that MSRP price range.
The following users thanked this post: Mike Tomas