Author Topic: Day/Night shade removal  (Read 11277 times)

Walter Parr

Day/Night shade removal
« on: September 16, 2018, 10:27:46 PM »
How do I remove the shades, can't see any hardware visible and don't want to break things.
93 Grand Marquis
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:17:10 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »

Neal E Weinmann

• BAC Member
Re: Day/Night shade removal
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:03:15 PM »
The shades are held on very securely by clips screwed into the valance above. The little tang on the release tab as seen in the photo must be defeated to undo the shade. The clips are usually unaccessible installed and I usually resort to taking off the entire valance so I can get to the clips more comfortably and more easily. Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:17:28 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
2005 Monterey Bayview IV
CAT C9 400HP
2018 Ford Edge Titanium

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 02:26:07 AM »
Just finished tightening up and replacing screws on some valances. Remove the four screws on the inside of the balance and the balance pulls away from the wall exposing the screws that hold the balance to the wall. The above clips are easily accesssble then.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 05:55:47 AM »
I agree.  Removing the valance is not tough and makes clip access much easier.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Walter Parr

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 12:14:27 AM »
Thanks all
I'm taking it the window balance is the box / frame around the window? That is actually what I'm wanting to take off, I thought I had to take the shades off to get to the top screws, I see the little L brackets on the bottom, but couldn't see the ones for the top.

Lloyd Church

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 07:27:00 AM »

Hi Walter,  Just finished installing the shade over the sofa in my 1995 Marquis tonight. I removed it to restring and clean it and it cleaned up really nice. To remove the shade I had to hold it in the up position (my strings were broke). There are 3 clips that hold the upper shade rail to the valance. If you use a flashlight and look up at the front of the upper rail you will see 3 metal clips  sticking out towards the inside of the coach. While holding the shade up, slide a small screwdriver between the part of the clip sticking out and the upper shade rail and it will release it. Work from one end then go to the middle then the other end. The shade should be in your hand. My strings were broken so I didn't have to worry about the tension retainers for the strings on the bottom valance. If yours are still intact I would remove the retainers from the bottom valance before removing the shade. Hold the shade up to the top while doing this and continue holding it till the shade is removed. On mine, there are 4 screws holding the valance to the brackets on the wall, 2 on the bottom, 2 on the top. The side and bottom valance are one piece held to the top valance by 1 square head screw on each side going from the inside out. I'm retired and home most of the time. Feel free to call if I can help you. I don't get up early (10 am)  but I'm up late. (12pm)   Lloyd Church   541-350-0489
1995 Marquis Sapphire  365 HP 3176B  HD 4000

Walter Parr

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 08:46:03 PM »
THANKS  :)
Been away so just read it