Author Topic: rubber tapered washer for city water valve  (Read 1982 times)

Keith Cooper

rubber tapered washer for city water valve
« on: September 18, 2018, 11:04:33 PM »
when i went to replace the Shureflo city water valve  this morning. I discovered a tapered soft rubber washer between the city water valve  and the plastic t- connect that is used to tie into the water manifold. I would like to replace the existing washer but I have been unable to locate any similar washers. It's not a cone washer, The City water valve side contains a bevel from the 1/2 inch opening down to approximately 3/8 inch. On the t-connect side there is  approximately 1/4 inch thick and 1/2 inch wide protrusion that extend into the t-connect.
Looked at several RV parts stores, Home Depot, trailer supply stores, hardware stores and camping world, the internet, etc. Even though several of these locations sell the Shureflo City Water Valve they don't sell or are even aware of the rubber washers. Any thoughts on where i might find a replacement washer?

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: rubber tapered washer for city water valve
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 01:48:27 AM »
Keith,
Picture might help. Normally Ace and True Value have a better selection of small parts than the big box stores. Might be worth a shot.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Keith Cooper

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
Steve,
Yesterday along with the big box stores, a local plumbing supply store, trailer parts store, and several RV repair shops, I went to the Ace Hardware in Titusville and Travis Hardware in Cocoa. In addition, I posted a query with Beaver Coach Sales.
You are correct,  I should have posted multiple pictures of the 18 year old rubber beveled washer/seal. However I reinstalled the existing washer and, at least for now, no leaks. So, I am a little reluctant to pull everything apart again.
 From a verbal stand point the washer looks like a 1/4 inch thick flat washer with a cone washer attached to one side. It's milky white in color and a soft rubber texture. Keep in mind the purpose is to maintain a water tight seal for a connection between two hand tightened plastic parts (8 - 10 lbs of torque) that can expect 45 to 65 lbs of constant water pressure.

George Harwell

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 12:44:11 PM »
Keith, my go to guy in Titusville is Larry at ALLIGATOR plumbing on highway 1 north. It is south of Parrish hospital on the east side at the traffic light. He tells me a picture is worth a thousand words.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 12:53:15 PM »
I had the line off my ShurFlow pump a while ago, and there was no replaceable seal. The sealing surface is built into the fitting.
I wonder if someone added or modified your piping to the pump. Or maybe it was just plumbed differently from mine.

The external city water connection valve uses the same fitting (built in seal). Of course your coach may just be different.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:59:47 PM by Mike Shumack »