Author Topic: Stabilizing Jack's Lift Up  (Read 1705 times)

Jason Worman

Stabilizing Jack's Lift Up
« on: December 24, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »
So I have noticed lately that once parked for a few days, random stabilizing jacks will retract back up 4-5 inches. Never the same jacks and only one jack each time. Currently right rear jack is slightly retracted after being firmly lowered down. No problems extending or retracting them completely. Thanks

Bill Sprague

Re: Stabilizing Jack's Lift Up
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 12:30:31 AM »
I don't know about your rig, but our '04 Monterey used springs to retract and hydraulics to extend and hold the jacks.  A hydraulic leak in the system would allow the springs to win!

Mike Tomas

• BAC Member
Re: Stabilizing Jack's Lift Up
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »
If you don't notice any leaks coming from any of the hydraulic lines feeding any of the hydraulic jacks (stabilizers are a completely different technology usually found on trailers and are weaker devices that are not designed to completely lift a coach but only to stabilize), I mean, it is an older coach. The hydraulic lines may be cracking. But if not, then I'd suggest that you have a leaky valve block possibly allowing fluid to return to the reservoir. It could be crud that may be keeping a valve from completely seating.

- Or Air. You might have air in the system. I think there's a little bleeder valve on top of the hydraulic jack cylinders to bleed out any air in the lines. Cracking open that valve a little bit while the jack is deployed would then be the thing to do.

Hydraulic jacks are pretty straight forward: Pump - Valve - Jack. with hoses in between. Battery - toggle switch - valve / pump for the electrical. Over simplified, but that's the basis of it. your problem is not electrical. your just loosing fluid in the line, or there's air in there.

These suggestions might help you figure out what's going on.
-Just my .02¢ of input. -Not to be confused with the $2.00 input from others.

[]\/[]Tomas
Phoenix, Arizona • Region 4
2000 Patriot Thunder 425
Princeton • Ketchum Creek
Magnum C-Series “Big Cat” Chassis
CAT 425 • Joined 201804