Author Topic: Kenwood KTV M707  (Read 2955 times)

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
Kenwood KTV M707
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »
Trying to find a direct replacement for my Kenwood Monitor/radio/CD unit.  dont want to rewire, everything.  Thought I might find a unit that someone had replaced with the the newer technology (Silverleaf) over the Alladdin.  Any Ideas?
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Mike Shumack

Re: Kenwood KTV M707
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »
The Kenwood is only a "display unit" for the Aladdin. There is an RCA plug that comes from the Aladdin VCM and plugs into the Kenwood. So if the Aladdin is working okay there is no point in going to the Silverleaf. IMO.
You can add a second display unit for the Aladdin anywhere - or replace the Kenwood with a new unit that has a similar video display.

Perhaps something like this would be an easy replacement. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_110VX3518/Jensen-VX3518.html?tp=72334
The following users thanked this post: Bob Reeves

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 02:41:59 PM »
I know that the unit is just a visual for the Allladiin system.  but still trying to get a replacement for the KTB M 707 Kenwood, so that I do not have to re-wire.
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
It's time for me to replace my old and tired Kenwood.  I also would prefer a simple plug-and-play replacement that has all/most of the features of the old Kenwood.  I do not know the old Kenwood's model number.  I do not see a model number on the unit.  I will be arriving in Yuma today for the winter.

I want at a minimum to keep:

a> the display for the Aladdin menu and its various screens including the turn signal and backup actuated screens,
            the engine and transmission stats (menu #2) and electrical power (menu #3) screens are very important.
      b> Sirius radio capability
      c> AM/FM radio

Bob -  Were you able to find a replacement for your Kenwood KTV M707, and if so, what unit was it?  And did you put it in yourself?

2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:14 PM »
David,
There is a thread on the ir2v forum (I'm not allowed to link to it) covering this subject. In summary any display unit that accepts external video source (RCA input jacks) will work. The Aladdin is a separate unti so as long as it still works all you need is a display unit (see the Jensen linked to above, or similar unit). The Jensen has an optional Sirus component and has AM/FM.
Note that the Kenwood M707 has a CD changer. The Jensen  plays CDs or DVD one at a time or so you can either load your music onto a USB stick or iPod

In the irv2 thread the OP decided to go with this unit https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Swecn86j8vW/p_1303400NEX/Pioneer-AVH-3400NEX.html

Regarding installation, these can get tricky but the dash opening is the same size as the kenwood so no problem there. Then it's just a matter of connecting speaker wires, power, and any other components (plug in Aladdin, Sirus if you have one, etc.).

BTW - if you want the Sirius radio (plugs into port on stereo unit) unit that goes with the Pioneer or Jensen linked to above, it's Free with the mail in rebate. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV300/SiriusXM-SXV300V1-Tuner.html
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:22:53 PM by Mike Shumack »

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 04:49:47 PM »
I was finally able to find one.  It was and exact replacement.  It was located in England.  The guy had the Receiver/Monitor, a Kenwood Nav. Unit and the Hide Away box, remote control and all of the wiring.  I paid 85 English Pounds (abt $108) plus 50 Pounds for shipping and insurance (abt $65).  All I needed was the Receiver/Monitor but got it all.  Installed it myself and it works perfectly.  Finding an exact replacement is difficult but in the end it was the easiest way for me.
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 12:50:30 AM »
Bob, I'm looking for the KVT-M707 "hideaway" box. If you got that with your purchase and dont need it, PM me and let me know if you want to sell it.

This thing.