Author Topic: HWH Air leveling stopped working  (Read 5245 times)

Paul Champagne

• BAC Member
HWH Air leveling stopped working
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:58:14 PM »
Ok just arrived in Indio and the Air leveling, tag axle and air dump all stopped working on the drive down, I have tried to reboot the Coach by cutting all the power to it and it makes no difference. When i try and use the air system shows where it is low as soon as i hit the air level twice a warning message comes up on my dash saying hwh warning so if i go and reset the jacks because the light is on same thing keeps on happening.

I crawled into the storage bay to see the computer brain and out of the 15 fuses 3 were in the red mode so i pulled the 5 amp mini fuses and all 3 of them look to be fine so not sure what to do now?

When I fire up the Coach the air bags fill up so the air compressor must be working any suggestions as Tech support from HWH is non existant as they said it could be 2 weeks...

Coach is a 2006 Patriot Thunder with tag

Thanks

Paul Champagne
2006 Patriot Thunder
C13 525 hp

Mike Shumack

Re: HWH Air leveling stopped working
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:07:33 PM »
When i try and use the air system shows where it is low as soon as i hit the air level twice a warning message comes up on my dash saying hwh warning so if i go and reset the jacks because the light is on same thing keeps on happening.

Paul Champagne

There is an HWH system reset button too. On the 2005 Patriot it is located in the forward electric bay (where the HWH computer is).
Hitting the HWH button twice puts in auto level mode, as I'm sure you know. Can you just hit the HWH button once (to turn system on) then manually level the coach using the HWH rise/lower buttons?

Paul Champagne

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:14:47 PM »
Hi Mike

Tried your suggestion and nothing has changed does anybody know a good mobile rv mechanic in the Coachella Valley area? I am thinking it must be a circuit board still waiting for a call from Tech support at HWH 5 days so far

Thanks

Paul
2006 Patriot Thunder
C13 525 hp

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:40:20 PM »
Paul,
The Service Providers Guide on the Private Members Only board lists a number of providers in that area.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »
Try calling Stuart's Service 800-826-6267 or 574-262-0225 their in Elkhart, In. I've always had great service from them and they know these HWH systems.

Michael Peters

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:17:26 PM »
Mine quit working recently. The problem was the multipin connector on the backside of the touchpad had come loose. Hope this helps

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 03:05:49 AM »
I had the same issue. I too unplugged the pin from the back of the control buttons pad and reconnected add alll started working again.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 11:07:16 AM »
Michael and Leon make a good point, Paul.  Over the years I remember more than a couple of posts here regarding the connector loosening.  Removing the touchpad or a panel should provide access to the connector for an easy connection check.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 11:25:01 PM »
I know that this is an older post, but earlier this week our coach exhibited the same symptoms as originally posted here by Paul Champagne. I wanted to include my findings under the same topic.

2006 Patriot Thunder with HWH 2000 Series Air Leveling System (air only).

Symptoms;
 - The HWH touch pad appeared to be functioning normally (including the green travel mode indicator).
 - Travel Mode worked as expected.
 - Level (auto and manual), Raise, Dump and Tag Lift functions were all INOP.

Looking at the HWH control box, I observed that;
 - The Travel Mode LEDs indicated normal.
 - The yellow ‘level’ LEDs lit as expected, indicating that the ‘level’ relays were receiving a close signal.
 - The red ‘level’ LEDS were dark, suggesting that there was no power on the output pin of the relays (power to the 6-pack solenoids).

I looked in the Front Run Box and found that there are at least five fuses labeled ‘AIR LVL’ or ‘LEVEL’. The 20-amp fuse on board #12, labeled ‘AIR LVL’, was blown. I replaced the fuse and, so far, all is good.

Travel Mode worked because because its power is sourced from a separate 12-volt circuit (I assume one of the 15-amp fused circuits).

I have communicated with Paul and it turns out he also discovered the same 20-amp fuse was blown.
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock

John Nord

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 06:32:25 AM »
I have a air levelling system on my 04 Marquis and last year it quit working I called HWH and they gave me some suggestions to try and they didn't work. Then they told me I'd have to take the brain out and ship it to them to be rebuilt as they don't make that unit any more . I was told it would take about two weeks for me to get it back. They also told me if I had any issues to get a hold of them. When I got it back and installed and working it worked better than ever. Before I had to start the coach up every so often to air up the tanks and when I got it back it was telling the mini compressor when to work to keep the tanks aired up when parked.
John Nord
2002 Contessa 2009 -2017
2004 Marquis 2017
2005 Smart for2