Author Topic: Where to get replacement parts  (Read 3207 times)

Joe DeWeese

Where to get replacement parts
« on: September 03, 2017, 04:39:01 AM »
     We just purchased a 2006 Monterey from a private party.  While going through the coach, cleaning and fixing up we noticed some missing parts and pieces.  For example, there are probably around 15-20 LED down lights at various places in the coach.  On at least one light, the plastic cover ring with lens is missing.  Given that Beaver has been out of business, does anyone know of a source for relatively unique parts such as this?

Thank you,
Joe DeWeese

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Where to get replacement parts
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:20:43 AM »
Ty at BCS made a concerted effort to collect parts from various sources for Beaver coaches when Monaco went belly up.  His parts dept.  http://www.beavercoachsales.com/we-offer-a-great-variety-of-bend-portland-salem-seattle-oregon-washington-dealer--parts.
 is one of the best places to check for Beaver-specific items, but your recessed puck lights are common to many RV brands, although finding the lens and escutcheon rather than an entire fixture may be more difficult.  You might consult here for a start, but I'm not sure they are the same as what's in our rigs:  https://www.eclectic-ware.com/hera-lighting/hera-replacement-lighting-parts.html

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 04:39:15 AM »
     We just purchased a 2006 Monterey from a private party.  While going through the coach, cleaning and fixing up we noticed some missing parts and pieces.  For example, there are probably around 15-20 LED down lights at various places in the coach.  On at least one light, the plastic cover ring with lens is missing.  Given that Beaver has been out of business, does anyone know of a source for relatively unique parts such as this?

Thank you,
Joe DeWeese

If you are talking about the ones that are silver with a opaque center, or do you mean the aftermarket ones that are completely cloudy white? If it's the silver ones you need, I'm your man. Tell me how many up to 21, (I think will have to check), and you pay for shipping and zero else. If it's the aftermarket ones, get hold of Doug Allman. He is a BAC member.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joe DeWeese

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:38:16 AM »
Hi Stan,  the ones we have are silver with a translucent center.  How can I contact you to give specifics; number, how to pay, where to ship.  My email address is jedeweese@q.com. 
Thanks, Joe D.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »
Hi Joe,
If they look like this picture, we're good. I will send you an email if they are. Let me know.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Dale Malquist

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 04:44:29 PM »
I am also looking for parts for this type light. Or a suggestion for a replacement light.
dalenjude@gmail.com

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
Joe...Yo might try Northwest Supply in Oregon (don't have their Phone number), I believe it's in Albany.  They usually have lots of older Beaver coach parts they bought from Beaver after the bankruptcy.  You may have to send them a pix of one of your other fixtures so they can match if possible.  Good luck.
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Gary Merrifield

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 01:47:11 AM »
Also try Trailer, I found some of the light parts I needed there

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 02:29:51 AM »
Per Mandy’s suggestion, they are in Eugene:   http://www.nwrvsupply.com
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Doug Allman

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 12:28:45 AM »
IF you want to get rid of the heat from the halogens, increase your light output 200-300%, use only battery power at .68 per light then we have the LED units that fit into the same hole and come with the opaque frosted lenses like in a new coach. These lenses keep the light out of your eyes.
You can then also use a foam can to insulate the roof from cold or heat as the halogens were left uninsulated on the roof side so they supposedly could stay cool. That never worked and is why the gold or silver escutcheons are missing. Every now and then one will fall from the ceiling and be so distorted that it will not reconnect to the fixture.
Early on when we invited a RV refurbishing company to review our Marquis for retrofitting the first thing they advised us to do before we did anything with anything else in the coach was to install LED lights and then see what we wanted to do. Many of the items that we wanted to get rid of actually looked very good with some actual light shining on them.

Dale Walker

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 02:11:27 AM »
Hey fellows, just to help supply you with other places, to look for parts, I have had very good luck with these people.
https://www.veurinksrv.com/