Author Topic: Replacing headlights on 2000 Marquis  (Read 2012 times)

Larry Barch

Replacing headlights on 2000 Marquis
« on: October 11, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »
Hi..this is Larry's wife Kathy.  For Larry's Birthday I would like to buy him new head lights for our coach.  I have looked online and have only found 2002 replacements.  Will these work?  Or, does someone know a resource I can contact?

PLEASE...email me direct...That way I have a slight chance that Larry might get these as a surprise!!!  My email address is barchka@aol.com.

Thanks a bunch.

Kathy

Mike Shumack

Re: Replacing headlights on 2000 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »
There is a SAE number on the headlight lens (usually bottom left). Get that number and enter into Google. That will tell you the manufacture and car/suv model the headlight was used on.

For example on my 2005 Patriot, the SAE number is "AHR15P2P-98NR" Put that number in Google and it comes up with headlight for 1998-2001 Lincoln Navigator.

https://www.buypmlights.com/pages/sae-lighting-identification-codes

Doug Allman

Re: Replacing headlights on 2000 Marquis
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »
Kathy. I would suggest you get in touch with Jim Nichols as he has completed a change to LED bulbs which are very superior to any replacement unit of that vintage.
You may still want to replace the original vintage assemblies to get clear lenses and get Jim to tell you how to install the LED bulbs. The old bulbs do not get you any better headlights in the new assembly as we tried that in our 2004 Marquis and went to HID bulbs that were better but no where close to as good as an LED bulb.