Author Topic: No Water  (Read 6117 times)

James C. Wheeler

No Water
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:06:21 PM »
[size=18]
Hello again from the Newbie.  Today I have been working getting my Contessa ready for a trip. This work included flushing out the water system and filling the tanks.  Here is my problem;  I get no water at the Bath Room Lavatory nor at the Shower.  Kitchen Sink and Commode not a problem.  I have searched the lines out for any shut-off valve and found none, in fact the Lavatory and the Commode "T" off the same supply line.   I found nothing in the Owners Manual so it is back to you folks with another Question.

Many Thanks in Advance,

James C. (J.C.) Wheeler
1993 Contessa
Clarksville, Arkansas

[/size]

Gerald Farris

Re: No Water
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:55:44 PM »
James,
The only thing that I can think of on a 93 is possible a clogged screen in the shower head and in the lavatory facet. This is the most likely problem if you do not have hot or cold water in either location since the hot and cold water come from different sources.

Gerald  

James C. Wheeler

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 01:31:15 AM »
[size=18]Thanks Gerald, but I think I may have it figured out, got to thinking on the way to dinner this evening.  Both of those water control valves are the type where you pull out the knob to control the volume and turn left of right to control the temperature.   I would bet that they are stuck on the seats and the water pressure is not enough to unseat the valve.     Your thoughts on that?

Again, Thanks,

J.C.  Wheeler
Clarksville, Arkansas

[/size]

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 03:46:08 AM »
James,
Being new, do you realize the value in going to a rally?  Sign up for the International Rally in Branson in Sept.  asap, and you will learn a lot.  Hope to see you there.
Mike
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:39:04 AM by 14 »
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 04:21:39 AM »
James,
Your idea about having a stuck valve seat may be accurate, but it looks like it would have unstuck as you moved the control from hot to cold.

Gerald

PS; I hope that I get to see you at the Branson rally.

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 05:39:18 AM »
James,

In our 89 Contessa there were a couple of valves off to the side under the sink that were low point drains. I assume that you have checked and there is no water running outside from the bottom of the coach and if you have those valves that they are closed. I think you have Moen ceramic cartridge valves and those valves are tied directly to the plastic handle. If the handle pulls they are open. Sometimes the shower head handle or shower head has a rotating knob or push button that can stop the water but that would not explain the sinks lack of water. The only other thing that comes to mind is to use the sound of the water pump to help diagnose what is going on. When you open the faucet, using just the storage tank as a water source, you should hear the pump come on even if water has not reached the faucet yet. If that is all normal for each working sink location, but the shower and the bathroom faucet do not activate the pump then you must have some valves that feed them closed somewhere. If the hot water tank was drained you will have up to a 10 gallon wait to get the hot water side to flow from the faucet.

Later Ed

James C. Wheeler

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »
Water Problem Fixed.  Just to let everyone know, I worked a couple hours this afternoon on my lack of water from my bathroon lavatory and shower.  I first removed the faucet assembly from the sink and yes it was plugged up solid, not a drop of water or air could be run thru it.  I disassembled the set and found the filters plugged solid.  After cleaning it all up, it worked like it did when installed in 1992 on the Coach Build.  I then turned to the shower and here I only removed the shower head and yes, it too was plugged solid.  After a good cleaning it too worked like new.

I would again like to thank those who responded to my original posting on No Water.  Today, here in Arkansas it feels like Spring is Here.  Take Care Folks,

J.C. Wheeler
1993 Contessa
Clarksville, Arkansas

===============