Author Topic: CCI Gas Detector w/Valve  (Read 2017 times)

kevinwebb

CCI Gas Detector w/Valve
« on: October 18, 2018, 02:48:38 AM »
I have a 94 Patriot Savannah with the original CCI PreTell2 panel and valve.  Where is the valve located?  Is the GAS light supposed to flash or stay on steady? I replaced the regulator.  I can hear it clicking somewhere near the tank.  Haven't been underneath the coach yet.  Reason I'm asking is I still have no pressure/flow so assume the shutoff valve is bad.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike Shumack

Re: CCI Gas Detector w/Valve
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »
Is this the model you have (Pre-Tell 2 model 7719)? If so, it is supposed to Flash when On and gas valve is open according to the manual.

This model and company is out of business, so if you need to replace it, I found this cross-over list that may help. Also, it was said that the gas valve (at the tank) is no longer required, so if you have to replace the detector you could eliminate the shut-off valve at tank (I'm not sure if I would want to, but safety-wise it is not required).

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 02:13:35 PM by Mike Shumack »

kevinwebb

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
Thanks Mike,  Yes it's a 7719.  The light is flashing and when I reset it I can hear a click near the tank.  Still no flow however.  When I replaced the regulator I did not find the valve obviously visible.  Will get underneath the coach and see if it's accessible there.  I'm OK with removing it to see if that solves my flow problem.
Kevin

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »
Kevin,
The shut-off solenoid valve is normally at the tank next to the regulator unless you have a liquid fueled propane generator that may require it to be moved a little, but it should be close.

Gerald

kevinwebb

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
Hi Gerald,

I do have an LPG Genset.  There's about a 3" section of black pipe coming from the regulator and disappearing into the bay wall where it connects to a flex line.  I'm assuming the valve is connected to that flex line before going back into the black pipe that is visible inside the bay.  I'll soon crawl under the coach and attack the issue from underneath.  Will report my findings.