Author Topic: Entry door rattle  (Read 2190 times)

Jill Goldman

Entry door rattle
« on: October 21, 2018, 03:11:52 AM »
Hi Folks,

My 2003 Patriot entry door has developed a rattle after I close the door. Sounds like a linkage issue? Is it possible to "easily" access the inside of this door? Thanks

Jill Goldman

Discovered the problem causing the rattle - the keyless entry, which has not worked in the past year I have had the RV, has come alive. I have seen the lower lock moving when I hear the rattle; even pushed it closed only to find it open the next day. I never use the lower lock (only the dead bolt) so when I leave the RV I never take the key to that lock. Today my RV locked me out. I returned to find the bottom lock thrown - I'm sure I did not do it when I left the RV. I had to call a locksmith who picked the lock for me in 30 seconds. I have since put the key in a magnetic box outside the RV until I can get it fixed.  Has anyone had a problem like this? The only thing I can think to do at this point is to disconnect the wiring that serves the lock until I can get it fixed.

I am wintering in south Texas near McAllen. Can anyone suggest a GOOD RV service center that could fix this?

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:06:27 AM by Jill Goldman »

rick Kirchner

Re: Entry door rattle
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 05:23:58 AM »
throw a couple of wraps of electrical tape around the bolt

Jill Goldman

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 04:26:52 PM »
Thanks

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:18:39 PM »
 Had the same problem with my entry door. Took a while to locate the source but it was actually metal on metal at the striker plate. Put some lithium grease on it and it should solve the problem.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Jill Goldman

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 03:21:56 AM »
Exactly what we did today. Thanks.
The following users thanked this post: Laurel Moore