Author Topic: Rounded shower door on 2001 Beaver Marquis  (Read 21254 times)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Rounded shower door on 2001 Beaver Marquis
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »
Those shiny tile floors, such as in our Marquis, are very slippery when wet.  After my first slip and fall, which was immediately after purchasing the coach over 6 years ago, we bought rubber-backed throw rugs for the floors in front of the bedroom vanity, outside the shower, and in the kitchen.  No more falls and slipping is not a problem.  We don't need to hold the shower door when stepping in and out.  Plus, it's much nicer to step out of the shower onto a throw rug instead of a cold tile floor.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Michael Hannan

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 02:57:38 AM »
Did the PVC go on top of the grey plastic strip already there?

MJ

On our 2004 Marquis same problem with coming unhooked on bottom of door that resulted in door moving up and down in travel.
BCS supplied the top rail insert that the top rollers ride on. Their cost was just south of $300.00 for this piece of plastic.
My son then created this same plastic insert out of a piece of black PVC from a sheet of the 1/4" thick PVC we purchased at Menards for less than $50.00 for the 4' x 8' sheet.
Bent the strip with a heat gun which is same procedure BCS had for the one they sent and used Lexel to set the strip in and hold it in place in the upper metal bar. Set plastic in lexel and clamped various places and let set for weeks to secure it in place. Ours is black and BCS part was white. Returned to BCS the $$$$ one.
Solved all our unlatching and smooth rolling of the door problems with this new upper roller plastic insert.

Doug Allman

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 12:50:14 PM »
When we bought coach we found after the door was scraping along the top that there was no strip of any kind in the slot on top of the metal curved rail. Rollers were riding on the metal top rail. We installed the new pvc strip in the slot after we layed a bead of the lexel to hold it in place.

Pat Long

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 01:17:56 AM »
Does any member have a source for the shower door parts top and bottom.  My top bar is sagging which will not allow the bottom guides to hold the door closed at the bottom

Gerald Farris

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »
Pat,
The last that I heard, BCS (Beaver Coach Sales) was stocking parts for this shower enclosure with the exception of the door. Another option would be an RV salvage yard, especially if you have a broken door. These shower assemblies were used in some Beavers, Monaco, Country Coach, Foretravel, Newell, and Prevost conversions. So there are a lot of them out there in high end coaches if you can find one in a salvage yard.

Gerald

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 12:29:50 AM »
My solution for this issue of the door bouncing out of the tracks at the bottom was to go to Home Depot and buy a Clear section of 1 1/2" plastic hose, you can see the options there, and slit it lengthwise for the full length. The ID of the 1 1/2" hose is the same as the OD of the overhead rail. I think I needed about 46 inches and a very stout utility knife (I actually used a Kein Multi Tool to cut the hose, that thing is thick.). The thickness of the hose is enough to bring the bottom catches up into the rail at the bottom of the door. The door rides securely on top, you still have to be careful where you grab it when you open it, but for $50 it's a winner for me.