Author Topic: Apparent shore power loss or what else?  (Read 1940 times)

Tic Wilson

Apparent shore power loss or what else?
« on: November 07, 2018, 06:19:01 PM »
We are parked, connected to 50amp shore power.  Spouse and myself using laptops, single heat pump running with fan on low.  Fluorescent light on in kitchen, fridge on AC.  Aladdin shows 15 amp draw.  AC power drops, is off for approximtely one minute, the power is restored.  Several minutes later, same thing happens.  Called the office to have them notified.  They came by, changed the 50 amp breaker and for two days we are good.  Then this AM, a duplicate event.  BTW, I checked my power connector to make sure the clamp screws were tight.  No problem there.  No breakers tripped inside or at the power post.  Aladdin shows 120V on each leg.  So if the problem is mine, within the coach, where should I be looking?  We have not had this occur prior to arriving at this RV park.  If the park power were to dip, would the coach controller drop out, or is there a control relay that may be failing?  Thanks!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Apparent shore power loss or what else?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:46:51 PM »
Tic,
If you have a Surge Guard or similar AC protection device, any drop in shore AC, even for a very short time (few seconds or less) followed by the shore AC restoring to normal, can cause the protection device to drop AC and then delay re-applying AC to the coach for a minute or so. If park permits, see if same problem occurs with generator.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp