Author Topic: Need a new radiator. ( brass/copper)  (Read 1900 times)

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
Need a new radiator. ( brass/copper)
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:13:58 PM »
My aluminum radiator has a crack and I want a new brass/ copper radiator for my 2003 Beaver Marquis Sapphire. Does anyone know of a good supplier?  I’m in the Phoenix area. The coach is currently at Massey Diesel.
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Need a new radiator. ( brass/copper)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »
There are several/many threads here on the Forum regarding repairing and replacing radiators.  If you do a search, then you will find a fair amount of reading.  We replaced our aluminum radiator last year with a new copper one.  The cost for the radiator was about $4k not including installation.  In the threads you will see many suggestions on things to have looked at while your leaky radiator is removed - for example... charge air cooler, fan supports, etc.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Rod Ogle

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 12:46:06 AM »
John.

I purchased our new steel/copper radiator from Radiator Supply House, 4432 Hwy 20, Sweet Home OR  97386.  Phone # 877-615-3002. IMHO they build a quality product that was an exact fit.  They will need the number ID from your old radiator, you should find that number on the sheet that has all the information on your TV's, Microwave, Air Conditioners etc.  Our information sheet is located on the back side of a cabinet door above the bathroom sink.

In 2016, the radiator alone was $3750, you should expect shipping charges in addition.  As suggested, this would be a good time to consider other changes like T-stats, ELC coolant, hoses and the like.  If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  good luck!!

George Harwell

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »
Bought a new copper/brass radiator from Source Engineering back in September 2015. My 03 Monterey has a rear radiator that cost me $2674 plus $210 shipping. Also known as Radiator Specialities Inc. Source Engineering Inc. is 90971 Roberts Road, Coburg, Oregon phone 541-343-0293. Made to Beaver factory specifications so it fit perfectly.