Author Topic: vacuflush toilets  (Read 2333 times)

Joe Moreschi

• BAC Member
vacuflush toilets
« on: December 10, 2018, 02:08:46 AM »
Wondering if anyone knows what type of vacuflush system is in my coach.I have been listening to the front bathroom motor struggle to build vacuum lately and occasionally it will trip out till I wait a while then it will function fine.I am thinking it is on its way out and would like to replace it with the newer quiet motor but am not sure of the type in my Solitaire.In researching it lists two types,anyone have a clue.I note the rear motor is much faster pumping than the front.
2001 SOLITAIRE LALIQUE
C12-2KS59180

Mike Shumack

Re: vacuflush toilets
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 02:31:58 PM »
Hi Joe,
I have to admit I never heard of the "Solitaire" model before today. I guess the last model year was 2001. It's a very nice, top-line coach. Where did it fit in the model line up (was it top of line like the later Marquis line)?
So I looked it up https://get.google.com/albumarchive/113237604154774826589/album/AF1QipPg9b-YEe0mzYsXpN80ajkfsGyb7Ht7RaN0Qo2y/AF1QipPwR0OEVL_9eHuqYJaQCQEqkL_gEFrLtMW7UkXH and in the brochure it says the vacu-flush toliets are made by Sealand.

I have a parts catalog for Sealand (now Dometic) which lists "VacuFlush toilet models 140 to 5149" - so maybe you can match up your toilet to the pictures/parts diagrams. It is 19,790 KB so too large to attach here. PM with your e-mail if you want a copy (or Google "SeaLand Parts Replacement Guide").
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:44:51 PM by Mike Shumack »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »
Joe,
Assuming that your Vacuflush system is original, it should have a VG2 vacuum generator. The biggest maintenance issue on the system is the 1 1/2 inch duckbill valves. There are 4 valves per pump, 2 on each side of the pump that get clogged, dirty, or worn and will not seal well enough to build/hold vacuum as they should. However, there is an unlikely possibility that you have a perforated/leaking bellows. If you are going to replace the motor anyway even though that is not your vacuum issue, be sure to get the motor and bellows kit where you get the new bellows and motor for just the price of the motor, but be sure to install new duckbill valves or your system probably will not work.

Gerald   

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 03:14:17 PM »
Mike,
The Solitaire was made for 3 years (2000,2001,and 2002), and it was the top of the Beaver line above the Marquis. The total production over those 3 years was 17 coaches and I own the 16th coach built. it is a 2002 model that was finished in July of 2001, about a month after Monaco bought Beaver. Monaco had no interest in continuing the Solitaire line so production was stopped after the coaches under construction were finished.

Gerald

Joe Moreschi

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 03:54:38 PM »
Thanks gentlemen for the quick reply.Gerald I have two motors and I know this because I hear two different sounds when both toilets are flushed at the same time. one pumps very fast and builds vacuum quite rapidly.The other builds vacuum much slower both build vacuum but the slow one sometimes trips out the switch and struggles to pump thats why I think the motor is one the way out. in researching on the net I discovered there is an s type pump and I believe a c type,I don't have the page in front of me so would have to look but my intention was to replace the motor,bellows duck bills and o rings as a kit as shown on Dwyers r v parts site.Before pulling the whole wet bay apart to get at the system I wanted the kit.
2001 SOLITAIRE LALIQUE
C12-2KS59180

Doug Allman

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 04:18:58 PM »
You and Gerald are in a league of your own with a Solitare. I am sure he is the one and only guy that you can go to for about anything regarding your coachs as you two own almost 12% of this fleet and I would venture a guess that there may even be some that are not on the road still so it could be a higher %.
We saw both of yours together in Quartzsite and that was quite unique. There are not a lot of Beavers that even know they are a Beaver.

Joe Moreschi

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »
Hi Gerald with your information I was able to find the parts but it is offered with a "quiet motor " or just the standard motor would you know if one performs better than the other
2001 SOLITAIRE LALIQUE
C12-2KS59180

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »
Joe,
I am not sure is there is any performance difference between the standard motor or the "quiet motor".

As for the number of vacuum generating motors in a coach, any toilet that is not located directly above the holding tank will need either a vacuum generator or a macerator pump to enable the waste to travel to the holding tank. So since you have 2 toilets that are not directly above the holding tank, your system requires 2 vacuum generator pump motors.

Most coaches are built with the toilet located directly above the holding tank for 2 reasons. First, this configuration uses gravity to move the waste through a 3 inch pipe directly to the tank below, so there is virtually never a clog so there is almost never any maintenance involved with this design other than the occasional toilet seal replacement. Second, the Vacuflush or macerator system for each toilet adds about $800 or more per toilet to the build price of the coach, are susceptible to clogs since they use 1 1/2 or 2 inch pipes instead of the 3 inch one, and there is a continuing maintenance cost for the coach owner.

Gerald   

Joe Moreschi

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »
Thanks Gerald I do have the inch and a half piping as you stated and aside from the front motor issue we have no problems thus far,we are very vigilant about how we use the system.I am going to try the quiet motor in replacing it.I appreciate your knowledge and glad I have this forum to help me.On the way down to Arizona this year I had help with the fuel issue and because of earlier posts I had a spare Cole Hearsey solenoid which I needed when mine quit on I-10 and temporarily put me on the side of the hwy.Had I not been reading these posts and been proactive it could have been a costly tow and repair.Thanks to all who contribute their time and experiences.I am now in the habit of reading this forum like one reads the newspaper each morning lol.
2001 SOLITAIRE LALIQUE
C12-2KS59180