Author Topic: Slideout room Curtain broken  (Read 2060 times)

Mike Shumack

Slideout room Curtain broken
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:48:11 PM »
I never noticed my '05 Patriot had a slideout room "curtain" until it stopped working. This curtain hides the (HWH) slideout mechanism from view when the slide out is in.

When I ran the curbside front slide out in the other day, the curtain material bunched up behind the seat instead of retracting into the roller. Then I noticed the roller mechanism was loose at the bottom (it mounts to the wall behind seat with a single screw at top and bottom). In the photo below, the roller mechanism has been unattached from the wall.

It turns out the plastic end cap (at bottom) on the roller has its mounting tab broken off. There is a tag on the back of the roller that says it was made by Carefree of Colorado (p/n DI079QBJE01). I re-wrapped the material around the roller and rewound the center spring. I think it will work fine now - if I can get the bottom end cap (needed for mounting).

I could not find any info on this "curtain" on the CoC website. I sent them an e-mail.

What is this thing called (is it a "slide out curtain", a vertically mounted "Sunshade")? I would like to have more information on it -- is this curtain common on the Beavers? Hopefully there are still parts available for this.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Slideout room Curtain broken
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:30:44 PM »
Hmmmm... interesting.  Our 2004 Marquis has no such animal.  Neither does my brother's 2000 Marquis.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 02:28:48 PM »
Mike, My coach has the same curtain, and the bottom cap also broke, I believe they had the part and sent me a new one. I had to call them to get it ordered.

https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/home/index.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:35:36 PM by Lee Welbanks »

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 03:55:59 PM »
Thanks Lee. That's good to know.
I did send them an e-mail (I'm not sure I called the "item" by its correct name. I call it a Curtain.) but I provided the part number for the complete assembly. Hopefully they will have the part and get back to me.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 03:43:25 AM »
Mike,
A while back mine also broke.  My mechanic who is very innovative went to Home Depot or Lowes and found a stronger one that fit and replaced it.  Might take it out and look there or a curtain shop.  Good luck.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13