Author Topic: Importance of Correct Engine Information  (Read 1668 times)

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Importance of Correct Engine Information
« on: January 10, 2019, 02:11:26 PM »
Gentleman, in requesting information with so many different motorhomes requires more information.
To assist some post than others post there are many factors involved. Many of us on the form team
spend countless hours on subject only to find information was correct but for another model. Dave
finds this a big problem helping with technical areas on Caterpillar and Cummins engines. With buying
like kind parts, only are not correct because of a engine serial number break is for a different engines
the engine serial number along with the model as Gerald posted is a must. Again with the model
engine including engine serial, Dave can pull up the build date of engine and arrangement number
which will give all information spec’s, part numbers, service bulletins, technical problems etc. To
Assist and provide members with factual information this engine serial number is a must and is
different on each engines. Cummins engines the same way. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Doug Allman

Re: Importance of Correct Engine Information
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 03:51:59 PM »
What Dave often gets and is somewhat like I get at home and make answers for thinking I understood the data revealed by the DW and then days later I find I said yes to something I am not even closely understanding I replied to. That leads to a whole nother situation and discussion that I do not win either. Hopefully some but not all of you can relate to this.
Possibly the Male does not understand the Female as in my case but after 50 years I still believe I hear what is spoken - just not that good at reading between the lines.
You really do not want information from Gerald or Dave reading between the lines as it can get costly, or should I say More Costly and then More Frustrating AND the next reader does not have a clue it is not correct for his unit.      Hope this helps as there is a lot of help on this Forum from numerous individuals.