Author Topic: Outside Grab Handle - is it available? Can clear plastic section be replaced?  (Read 2714 times)

Mike Shumack

I would like to replace the clear plastic part of my outside Grab Handle. Is that replaceable?
If not I'll just get a complete handle.

I saw a couple of "illuminated" grab handles that look close to the Beaver but I'm not sure they are exact fit. I do not want to drill new holes.

The handle at AP Products is close, but it says it is 17-1/2" (mine measures 17", but if the screw holes are in the right places that would work). http://approducts.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_50_60&products_id=3873

I don't care if the handle has the "Beaver" engraving or not. Does anyone know who the manufacture was for the 2005 Beaver handle?

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Didn't know it when we bought the coach, but the one on our Beaver was an non-OEM replacement. Backing out of the door one day, and grabbing that handle, resulted in it snapping in two in my hand. Almost went for a big tumble.

I found an OEM replacement, which fit the ORIGINAL holes, at Northwest RV Supply in Oregon.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Keith Cooper

I hate to state the obvious, but when ours failed I found a direct replacement at Beaver Coach sales

Mike Shumack

I am ordering the clear plastic handle part only. NWRV Supply is the same part as I linked to above (at AP Products), but a little less expensive.

Beaver Coach Sales is great, but their prices are high so I only go to them as a last resort. Sorry BCS.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
BCS will have them.  I had some and bought them from Fleming Sales, part number  E7000D-E for PT 1" Diameter, 12" long.  Phone 574-295-0234 in Elkhart, IN.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Mike Tomas

• BAC Member
Just as a side tip:

I had to get into my handle because the bulb burned out inside the top of the handle. The handle would get extremely warm     when the light is on, and upon opening I noticed that the plastic handle had melted a bit around the incandescent auto bulb. It probably explains why some of the the top of the plastic handle had cracked off a bit.

I spent the better half of a day going around to different auto stores trying to locate a replacement LED style bulb to plug into the handle and most of them were very cold white, Amber and even blue, and they didn't even produce a lot of light from them. I was almost ready to give up on changing to LED, but I found a replacement LED bulb in the most unlikely places: LOWES. I found it in the Outdoor Low Voltage Lighting section. You Know where they have all thoes garden lights that you have to trench a wire to each fixture you position around your walkway and runs on a timer? Yea! I found the perfect fitting BRIGHT and WARM LED light to put in the handle.

So if you do order a new handle, before it gets melted, maybe you should change to a Nice LED light bulb and keep that handle cool to the touch!.
-Just my .02¢ of input. -Not to be confused with the $2.00 input from others.

[]\/[]Tomas
Phoenix, Arizona • Region 4
2000 Patriot Thunder 425
Princeton • Ketchum Creek
Magnum C-Series “Big Cat” Chassis
CAT 425 • Joined 201804
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
The following is my post on this subject on November 9, 1914. I'm pleased to report the handle is still working.
“On the subject of illuminated acrylic entrance handles: I replaced the deteriorated outside acrylic rod with a one foot by one inch rod ordered on eBay for less than $10. I just had to bevel one end slightly with a rasp. Naturally the replacement rod does not have the word BEAVER but that could likely be remedied with patience and a dremel tool.While I was at it, I removed the inside handle and found that although the wiring is there, there was no bulb or socket. ( a bulb was likely a standard option on higher priced models). I snipped about an inch of strip light LEDs, attached it to the wires and now the inside handle provides vital lighting where previously company had to grope in the dark for the door latch. The wires that were there are 'hot' when the inside step lights are switched on.”
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Mike Shumack

Thanks Mike and Bob,
I ordered the replacement clear plastic from NWRVSupply. Mine is lighted and the light still works. Hopefully this will come apart without too much trouble.