Author Topic: Urgent Help NEEDED Living Room Slide won't come in.  (Read 1998 times)

jeffprupis

Urgent Help NEEDED Living Room Slide won't come in.
« on: January 27, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
My biggest fear. Main Livingroom slide won't retract. BR comes in, LR won't. Hear faint click but no movement. Stuck in White Springs FL.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Urgent Help NEEDED Living Room Slide won't come in.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 03:31:35 PM »
I had that happen during a trip. Before I could get to somewhere that could analyze the problem, a hefty shove with my shoulder on the bottom edge, while Becky was pushing in the retract button, moved it in. Worth a try.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

jeffprupis

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
From Monaco Owners FB Page:. Bill Sanford Try hold front slide button and bedroom at same time mine did that had bad ground .Will move as soon as second button is on so don't hold for more than 15sec.  THIS WORKED!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:20:18 PM by Jeff Prupis »

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 06:04:20 PM »
The following is from my manual and should work on your coach.

First, make sure your ignition key  is off.  If on, you cannot operate slides.
Then, retract MH hydraulic leveling jacks.
Locate slide-out room hydraulic pump on lower curbside front frame.  (Normally in front of steps.)
Use 1/4" Nut Driver on bottom of reservoir cap to turn the release nuts on the solenoids counterclockwise.  Do not exceed 4 1/2 revolutions.  Damage to solenoids may result.  The room may move slightly when valves are opened and internal pressure is released.  Lineup  6 to 8 people equal distance along outside wall.  Do not push on the flange.  In synchronized movements, push the room in with repeated attempts.   Close the release nuts when the room is fully retracted.  That ends the retract from the manual.  After in, I would use 2 x 4's cut to length behind slide on floor, cut to length to hold slide in while driving.  I not only have done that, but I climbed under the coach and tied the slide in so it would not come sliding out when I made a turn.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13