Visit our BAC Favorite Places Web Page

Author Topic: Beaver / Country Coach owners  (Read 779 times)

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
Beaver / Country Coach owners
« on: February 09, 2019, 04:52:24 PM »
I am just curious as to how many in the Beaver Group now own a Country Coach? Please reply. Thanks Jim
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:36:54 PM by Jim Edwards »
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

Bill Englund

• BAC Member
Re: Beaver / Country Coach owners
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:21:41 AM »
Jim, as you know I have a Country Coach and so does Jim Murry. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
Bill Englund
2008 Country Coach Affinity 45'
600 Cummins
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The following users thanked this post: Jim Edwards

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 01:58:12 PM »
We do. 2003 Country Coach Magna. Previously, 1994 Patriot and 2000 Thunder.
Phil
2003 Country Coach Magna Resort 42, C-12, 505HP
N7PHL
Nine Mile Falls, Wa.

Bill Brown

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
Jim,  We do, an 03 Allure, 32'.

Bill & Nova
William & Nova Brown
Currently; Country Coach Allure, 32'
Previously; '06  Beaver Monterey, 40' Laguna IV
CAT C-9, 400HP

Peter and Connie Bradish

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:56 PM »
Friends of ours who had a Beaver replaced it with a Country Coach. They are now off the road but they very much enjoyed the Country Coach. They felt it's construction and quality was equivalent to the Beaver. Connie B.
36 ft 1993 Contessa Cummins 8.3 C 250hp now 300hp

Doug Allman

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:15:04 PM »
IMHO I believe that this adds to my previous post in regard to -where do we go with this Forum as we are getting more other brands in the BAC.
Without  a doubt the BAC Forum is one of the best if not the best in the FMCA's 355 clubs. That says something about a multitude of items for BAC members.

The glue is the friendships that the BAC has created. I believe John Shurtz probable defined it best in his first letter in the Beaver Tales, you only have to go to one rally and your whole vision of being a BAC member dramatically changes. You dont meet those individuals, that become almost like or a part of your family, until you go there. You are then hooked forever and you do things that you said you would never do, this old Marine did - became a Rally Master that I profusely said I would never do - just because of the people you meet. That has even morphed into having a person whom liked to taunt me about going back on my word, becoming a Rally Master for two rallies this summer. Yes, the BAC has that glue.

I never intended to want to change the BAC to anything other than what it is in my post. There are still a lot of BEAVERS with BEAVERS and new members coming into the BAC because they just purchased a BEAVER. The only problem is that some of us old BEAVERS wanted a newer coach and we could not get a BEAVER so we became SOB's (Some Other Brand). Be polite now.

There are also a lot of other SOB owners that we associate with because we own an SOB and they are also looking for somewhere to find information in regard to their coach's and have friendships like is created in the BAC. That I believe is going to be the defining moment for this club to continue to be the MEGA status that it has today.

BEAVERS are still BEAVER members and have the significant part that they deserve but how to engulf all the SOB's that are here and will come into the BAC is the question.

There are many clubs struggling in retaining membership. The BAC is not struggling and many SOB's are looking our way because of what they know about the BAC. The FORUM is one great attraction because of people helping people that the BAC has developed. However the only way you develop friendships is to get people with people and that is my question - how do we get the FORUM to include the information that other SOB's are looking for and then welcome them into the BAC.

In a conversation with John Schurtz he indicated that guys like me with newer coach's need to have something from the BAC that will keep them attracted to staying in the club. I do not need a reason, I have the friends and FORUM,  but I know a lot of other SOB owners that are looking for joining something that the BAC is but need a reason they want to join and the FORUM if adopted so it helps those SOB's is the exact reason. The friendships has already started by SOB BAC members now we need to evolve the FORUM to be the magnitude it is for a BAC BEAVER owner. IMHO.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:38:41 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
1991 Beaver Contessa  1994-2012   3116 Cat
2004 Beaver Marquis    2012 - 2017  C-12 CAT
2017 Entegra Cornerstone 45B   600 Cummins
The following users thanked this post: Karl Welhart