Author Topic: Red Hat valve  (Read 3276 times)

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
Red Hat valve
« on: February 15, 2019, 02:59:12 AM »
 I’m looking for information about the red hat valve on my 1998 Marquis. My water pump will keep pumping when when the faucets are turned off. I’m Thinking the red hat valve is leaking. Hoping someone knows the part number for a replacement valve.
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Red Hat valve
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:06 AM »
Hi Roy
We replaced the one in our 98 Pat.  I don't know that number but we are replacing the Red Hat in the Thunder and did one in the Marquis too.  I believe that this one came from Amazon.  Please note that ours is doing the same thing as yours and it is likely the Red Hat but the check valve in the water pump is suspect too.
I recall Gerald had something to say on choosing the right one.  Let me know if you want the number off our new one!
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »
Your coach should have the Asco 8210G002-LF  that's the 1/2" NPT fittings, lead free, with 100 psi water operating pressure.
They also have a similar model with 40 psi operating pressure (the 8210G094) but that is less then the normal water pressure we run in our coaches so don't get that one.

Edit: There was an extra 2 in the part number. Now corrected
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:01:01 AM by Mike Shumack »
The following users thanked this post: Roy Boles

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 01:15:10 PM »
Roy, if your coach is similar to mine and you have the "hand tightening" fitting (see the white hose with the black plastic fitting) coming off the Redhat valve going to your water tank, you can just remove that hose and then see if water is coming out of the hose coming from the Redhat - when the Redhat is closed and the water pump is running. If no water comes out of the hose then the Redhat is not leaking.

Note that if the water fill hose goes into the bottom of the tank, you may need to drain the water tank first (but it may not be necessary as the diagram shows a one-way check valve at the bottom of the water tank - at least on my '05) before disconnecting the hose as described above, or be prepared to plug the hose. That sounds like a lot of effort but may be worth it to you over spending the money for a new valve.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:24:36 PM by Mike Shumack »
The following users thanked this post: Roy Boles

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:27:56 AM »
Thanks for the information everyone. My valve is an 8210G094 that is the 40 pound rating. Mike I will be ordering the the 100 pound valve. Hope that takes care of my problem.
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000

Bob Bulot

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 05:22:01 PM »
I replaced my Redhat valve earlier this year.  One thing I’ve found is that when my batteries are not fully up, (like when the coach has been sitting in the storage lot for an extended period) my redhat will leak out of the water hose when I turn on the water pump.  Once I start the engine, or the generator or plug in, the Redhat will start working like it’s supposed to.