Author Topic: Sealand Magnum opus toilet replacement?  (Read 3863 times)

Dwight Lakusta

Sealand Magnum opus toilet replacement?
« on: February 21, 2019, 02:09:29 AM »
Hello everyone!! This will be my first post on this forum, and not the last!!! i will help any way i can, and look forward to being active on this forum!

I have a 2003 Beaver Marquis 40', and will be keeping it for years to come!

I am wondering what a good replacement for the sealand magnum opus toilet would be?  The previous owner of my coach threw the magnum out, and replaced it with a foot flush.  I would like to bring it back to an electric flush toilet.... What options do i have.

so far i have found the concerto by dometic at camping world, and the 4300 dometic.....

any ideas on which one, or another that would work?  right now i have two big holes in the floor where it bolted up exposed through the ceramic....and that is not going to work!  This is a Beaver!!!!

William Jordan

Re: Sealand Magnum opus toilet replacement?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 02:56:03 AM »
The one we considered , almost ordered,  before repairing the opus was the Thetford 19766 aria II push button electric direct drop ( no macerator ). I didn’t measure the bolt spacing, didn’t get that far.

Rocky Healey

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:44:07 AM »
I jut replaced my toilet due to the PC board going bad and found the Dometic 4410 was an electric flush and fix very well in the same space and the electric hook-up and the water hook-up were very easy. I had to special order from Camping World and they got it in in 4 days.

Rocky Healey
2008 Patroit Thunder
C-13
Rocky & Suzi Healey
2008 Patroit Thunder
C-13
45ft

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 04:01:52 PM »
Four years ago I replaced the one in my 06 PT with the 4410 when the board went south. Ordered it direct from Dometic, been working great ever since. Easy to install didn't need to change a thing.

Dwight Lakusta

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 06:03:59 PM »
I had a look online at Dometic and that looks nice!  I think i would go with the 4300, it has the handle on the side for the flush, (same toilet) And by chance do you remember the price you paid?, And weird question....How does it flush LOL.  I called a dealer and they are $1400 Canadian up here.  Thanks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:33:10 PM by Dwight Lakusta »

Rocky Healey

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 04:11:32 AM »
Due to the time factor that I was dealing with I paid express shipping but the total bill was about $1250.00.  I needed the toilet and paid dearly but it has worked out great.

Rocky Healey
Rocky & Suzi Healey
2008 Patroit Thunder
C-13
45ft

Dwight Lakusta

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 06:29:56 AM »
I ended up getting a concerto from camping world. It’s an electric flush, and it looks like old stock, got it for $529.00!