Author Topic: Retractable step problem  (Read 2864 times)

Dale Walker

Retractable step problem
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:35:13 PM »
Good morning Beaver lovers. My retractable steps quit working, so this morning I started investigating and found the bolt that holds the gear up, has a lever that attaches to the step. I have looked in my manual to ascertain what brand it is. Hopefully one of you fellows knows what brand was  used on the Beaver??

Thanks in advance!

Dale

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Retractable step problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 07:54:05 PM »
Dale,
Most were made by Lippert. This may be helpful. https://beaveramb.org/acadp_listings/entry-step-problems/
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Dale Walker

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »
Thanks, Steve. What I was/am looking for is a parts catalog for the unit. You link did alert me to another problem, a leaking purge pump and filter.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 09:13:31 PM »
Lippert Components..online store..replacement parts. Mine were made by SCS Frigette, which was bought out by Lippert.

https://store.lci1.com/shop-by-department/steps/step-parts-accessories/motors-switches.html?p=2

They have a live chat available. Be careful, there are different numbers of teeth for the gear depending on the model you have. I have been through several trouble-shooting episodes with our steps. With one exception, when it was a corroded connection in the wheel well, it came down to the ground wire. I would start there first.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Dale Walker

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 02:12:58 AM »
Thank you Stan for the reply and the webpage. What I've been looking for is for a parts break down, further than the gear box and the motor. The motor is fine, I guess, what happened is the gear plate with the linkage to steps, broke the bolt it pivots on. If I were in MI. I could fix it pretty quick, but, you know how that works when you are in AZ. It looks like the only fix at this point is a new set of steps. That looks like the easiest way out at this point.

Dale

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 06:43:44 PM »
Thank you Stan for the reply and the webpage. What I've been looking for is for a parts break down, further than the gear box and the motor. The motor is fine, I guess, what happened is the gear plate with the linkage to steps, broke the bolt it pivots on. If I were in MI. I could fix it pretty quick, but, you know how that works when you are in AZ. It looks like the only fix at this point is a new set of steps. That looks like the easiest way out at this point.

Dale

Dale, I have the owners manual, with a parts and assembly breakdown. Its a PDF file, too large for here. I can send it via email if you'd like.

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Dale Walker

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 03:59:25 AM »
I would appreciate that, Stan! I can replace the steps, but really hate to. The pivot bolt broke, kind of a shame to junk perfectly good steps because you can't buy that bolt? Or if you have a webpage, either one would be great!

Dale

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 06:30:01 PM »
Dale,
I sent it via email to the address on the BAC Directory. Let me know if you get it, please.
Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Dale Walker

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:31:47 PM »
I sent you a reply, Stan. If you didn't get it, I know you will see this, Thank you, very much. It is much appreciated! Dale
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson