Author Topic: Maytag Washer in Patriot Leaking  (Read 3208 times)

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
Maytag Washer in Patriot Leaking
« on: March 05, 2019, 02:12:29 PM »
The washer started leaking, seemingly during the spin cycle.  Suspect loose clamp on discharge hose. Problem is how to either access the hose or even remove the washer.  There does not appear to be any panels that can be removed to allow access. Have looked at Maytag diagrams. Looked on many websites, forums , etc. Any and all ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Pretty much stumped
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Lee Welbanks

Re: Maytag Washer in Patriot Leaking
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »
Bob, Don't know how yours are set up, do you have a washer and dryer with the dryer on top? In my 06 PT we have Bosch units with the dryer on top. I had to remove the dry once and it was not too hard to do, first I had to figure out how with that done it was just a matter of removing the wood panel above the dryer.

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »
Our dryer is on the top. Will look at that possibility. Thanks
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »
Bob, With ours there is a little cabinet above the dryer, if you open the door you can feel the two screw heads that hold the trim piece about the dryer, with that off you can get at the two brackets that hold the dry in, also you have to screw the dryer feet all the way in, with that done you can just lift the dryer off and out (two man job), the exhaust hose is long enough to get at it to release the clamp. With the dryer out of the way you have access to the washer.
The following users thanked this post: Bob Reeves

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 12:26:56 AM »
Thanks, will give that a look/try
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 04:47:54 PM »
Thanks, I found what you described.  Once the dryer is removed. Does the shelf it sat on come out? If it doesn't. Can you still access the washer?
Bob
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 08:18:53 PM »
Maytag fixed.  Good information from the forum which I shared with repairman.  Problem was as suspected, a loose clamp on the discharge of the pump. Only seemed to leak during the spin cycle.  Replaced the spring clamp with a "real" hose clamp.  1 hr 45 min and a $224 repair bill.
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.