Author Topic: Electrical Relay ID  (Read 4284 times)

Arthur Cantor

Electrical Relay ID
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:38:35 PM »
I am looking for information to identify electrical relays.  Located in front of Drivers Side front wheel is electrical compartment with terminal strips, circuit breakers and HWH control box.  There are 8 relays labeled K-1 thru K-8 forward of circuit breaker panel (see photo) in middle of the compartment.  Also, above and aft in the same compartment are another 6 or so relays with no ID.  I've been told, originally, there was info sheet on inside of this compartment's door which was a legend for this space.  It is no longer there.  Any info would be great.

Arthur Cantor
1995 Marquis Ruby 40FT
8.3L Cummins 6 CTA

Lloyd Church

Re: Electrical Relay ID
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 08:22:27 AM »

Hello Arthur, I have a 95 Marquis Sapphire. While mine has the 365 hp 3176B engine I would guess the leveling systems would be the same. I will check my electrical compartment tomorrow and see if there is any ID for those relays.

Lloyd

Arthur Cantor

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:01:25 PM »
Hello Lloyd,  Was wondering now that the dust has settled from Christmas, New Years and the Superbowl, have you been able to find any identifications of relays as discussed in post of 12-19-2018?

Thanks in advance,
Arthur

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:20:42 PM »
There are some wiring diagrams available on the Beaver Coach Assist for older Beaver coaches.

I found this one that may be what you're looking for, but your photos are too small to tell if the layout in this diagram matches your setup.

There seem to be a couple of variations, so I don't know which might be yours (if any). Good luck

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 09:53:31 PM »
Mike, this isn’t the first you’ve noted photos as being too small, but I’ve not had the same issue.  Just wondering if you’re opening the images as designed.  Just tapping the image enlarges it (tapping the enlarged version once more reduces it back), or one can tap the paperclip attachment text below an image that usually opens a different composition.  I’m mentioning it also because newcomers here may not know that.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 10:39:54 PM »
I just meant the photo of the relays Arthur posted doesn't show the full electric bay so I can't tell if the relays in the picture are in the upper right of compartment or lower left, etc.

In the schematic I posted, it shows the K1 - K6 relays in the upper left. I don't know if that is the same location as shown in the photos.

Lloyd Church

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 08:33:56 AM »
Hi Arthur!  I'm embarrassed to say, but I forgot all about it.  I turned 70 on Christmas day and my brain is turning to mush. The coach is surrounded by 2 ft of snow but it started warming up today and I will be sure I'll be able to check in the next day or two.
  I'm putting a note by my door to remind me.  Again, I apologize for not doing what I said I would do.
                 Sincerely, Lloyd church