Author Topic: Pass Side Kitchen Galley Slide 05 Monterey Laguna  (Read 2202 times)

Leon Scroggins

Pass Side Kitchen Galley Slide 05 Monterey Laguna
« on: September 27, 2019, 11:51:48 PM »
I have spent most of the day reading all the old posts on the slide rollers under the front passenger galley slide on my 05 Monterery. What occurred in my coach was In January 2019 at our Quartzsite Rally, our lower counter separated from the wall on the front edge. With the help of several Beavers we got the counter pushed back flush and I added new screws and some extra brackets to hold the galley to the wall. Everything was working well till yesterday I went to slide the room out and the galley lower cabinet again separated from the wall. It appears in Quartzite we addressed the symptom and not the problem. In reading all the previous posts it appears I have two rollers under the cabinet that can be adjusted from under the slide inside the bay if they have not failed. I also believe I have two other rollers that the  movement mechanism rides on to extend and retract the room.

In addressing the rollers under the cabinet I am reading that I can wedge up the front of the cabinet to gain clearance to try and depress one side of the roller and remove it from the bracket for replacement.  But, there is also writings about opening the slide 1/3 the way, jacking up the leading edge a little to gain clearance to these same to rollers.  I have made an appointment with the only RV Shop in St George, UT I trust to work on our coach  to "investigate" this problem.   I have printed off a bunch of pictures posted on previous posts as well as a lot of suggestions on the method.

As I like to know what a technician is going to attempt to do to my coach, If these two rollers under the slide can't be adjusted, can I remove them using one of the methods of lifting the slide up a tad to gain clearance?  It seems the cabinet is dragging on the floor as it goes out.

We had a great trip in the winter of 2019 and everything else went well. Since planning this next trip we have had to retrieve a broken rivet that fell into the lock mechanism of the driver side room slide lock mechanism and just replaced an Inverter that wouldn't quit charging last week!  Keep telling my wife we need to use it more, not less!  My biggest problem is I sold my tools when I sold my business so I no longer have some of the tools on hand to tackle these jobs, including a nice heavy floor jack!  This forum is the best resource I have ever seen on the web for helping us to stay on the road.

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Pass Side Kitchen Galley Slide 05 Monterey Laguna
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 04:47:08 PM »
I remember helping you get the cabinet back against the wall in Quartzsite. Could you install maybe a chair caster under the cabinet or a small boat trailer roller? As you roll and bounce down the road the weight of the cabinet is not supported. See you in Quartzsite hopefully in January.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Leon Scroggins

Re: Pass Side Kitchen Galley Slide 05 Monterey Laguna
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:52:09 PM »
I found and adjusted the four rollers today then lubed everything. Ran the slide in and out several times with no drag! Rollers looked to be in good shape when I looked at them by peeling the rubber swipe back. Now I have to add a few new fasteners to the galley lower cabinet to re-snug it back right to the wall.
The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols