Author Topic: Replacing kitchen roller assembly  (Read 4027 times)

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
Replacing kitchen roller assembly
« on: March 13, 2019, 09:41:50 PM »
Our 07 Contessa has the slide roller adjustment bolt break. Has anyone replaced this roller assembly and where to buy part. I have a call into BCS for some help. Hopefully I have reduced the size properly of the attached photo of the part
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Mike Shumack

Re: Replacing kitchen roller assembly
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:34:22 PM »
I only replaced the roller - not the bracket.

My coach is a 2005. But it looks like the same part from what your picture shows. The adjustment bolt you show is in the roof of the basement compartment.

In the second photo you can just see the threads of the adjustment bolt where it goes through into the basement and the mounting screws on one side of the bracket.

This is the view from the inside (under the Kitchen counter).

If you setup is like mine, it will be difficult to remove the mounting screws to replace the bracket. There are four screws on each side attaching the bracket to floor and there is not enough clearance to get anything on those screws under the cabinets to remove them.

However my coach does not have those two metal brackets spanning the opening. If that plate (those eight bolts) are going all the way through and holding the roller bracket in place then your setup is different from mine (and maybe a lot easier to remove the bracket).

I think you will be better off having someone weld the nut back onto the bracket.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:48:15 PM by Mike Shumack »

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:30:26 AM »
Thanks Mike, I ordered the roller assembly from BCS and I believe I can remove the whole assembly. But your idea could have saved me some money by simply rewelding the nut.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 10:00:08 PM »
Mike, you mentioned adjusting the bolt. I believe my 05 Monterey Laguna Galley slide roller may be the problem that caused my cabinet to come loose from the wall. If the roller is Ok does the bolt allow you to adjust the height the galley comes off the floor?  i will be crawling under my slide this weekend to see If I can find what is causing my galley cabinet (lower) to come loose from the wall.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:05:38 AM by Leon Scroggins »

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 12:17:19 AM »
Yes, the bolt that sticks through into the roof of basement compartment is used to raise or lower the roller (raise or lower the slide room).

here's a photo of an end roller (Not my Coach, but the roller setup is similar). You can see the roller the room rolls on, under the roller (in basement roof) is the adjustment bolt that raises or lowers the roller in its mounting bracket.

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
I have read in similar posts about this roller being accessible by moving the room about 1/3 the way out, Jacking it up an inch or two and being able to remove that roller. In your picture the room slide is removed from the coach. Is this roller accessible without removing the room slide from the coach as others have discussed?  What I have read is, once slightly lifted, the roller can be removed from the bracket similar to a toilet paper roller by depressing one end to shorten the length and remove the roller.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 09:00:45 PM »
In my Reply#1 (middle photo) you can see where I had to bend the bracket (corner tab) down to get the roller out. I had the slide jacked as high as it would go and I was still 3/8 inch from being able to pull the roller out of the bracket. After I bent the corner down I was able to slide the roller out. With the new roller in place, I bent the tab back up.

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 09:51:43 PM »
I opened the slide today and found the four plastic covers over the adjusting bolt on the four rollers. I pulled back the rubber swipe seal and the rollers all appeared in good shape. I lubed the rollers then adjusted all four rollers till they came into contact with the floor of the slide. I closed the slide and examined the paint lines on the side of the coach. The left lines were low so I raised the left side a little and readjusted the other three, and lowered the far right one a little. Closed the room and the lines were darn close to perfect. Ran the room in and out several times and cabinet didn’t drag! I was able to push the lower galley cabinet back right to the wall. I will add some new fasteners to secure it snug. I want to thank all those who have posted prior pictures of the rollers and their location. Made this job possible for this old retired repo man.