Author Topic: Shower Head Extention  (Read 2747 times)

George Frudakis

Shower Head Extention
« on: March 31, 2019, 02:25:25 AM »
Has anyone come up with a solution on having the shower head in the middle of the shower stall in your coach. I have a 10in extension with male and female ends and it works great but the arm will not fit into the sidebar and is too heavy and will not stay up. I believe I need a clamp on to the sidebar and a clam onto the intention. Any thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 02:40:54 AM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »

Doug Allman

Re: Shower Head Extention
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
George, On our 2004 Marquis we removed the existing flex tube and hand held shower head by installing a new wall mounted head just like you have in a home shower.
Our Marquis had a pantry slide out between the kitchen and the shower stall. We had to cut a hole in Kitchen wall as well as drill hole thru the back of the shower wall to mount and plumb the new much higher permanent mount shower head. There was pex tubing feeding the old mount that we had to lengthen by crimping the pex tubing to make it reach the higher head mount.

You may be able to do this with just the shelf removed but since we were in a total renovation of our Marquis which included all the corian in the bathroom including the shower walls and also the kitchen we were able to do what we wanted that made it easier to accomplish.

In our new Entegra Cornerstone we have completed the same permanent mount shower head as they are still using the flex tube hand held shower head for what reason I will never figure out. This one was much easier as a very large mirror covers the shower wall access. We actually kept the hand held as we installed a diverter valve to operate it thru if someone needed to use the hand held. Also found a pipe for the wall mount from Delta that has a large curve to it so that using the room in the skylight that curves up we could mount the shower head high enough for a person over 6'2" tall to stand right under. Again takes some work with pex tubing but much more user friendly than a hand held.

We also used a rain head and take military type shower if water usage is a problem when dry camping.  6 days in desert dry camp we always had water left over.

I fully believe if you do not want to do a total corian change you can get a large piece of corian from a corian counter top maker that would cover all the old fixture holes and do same as we did as explained above. Clean old corian or sand it well to give adhesive grip on new piece and the faucet plus the shower head will help hold it in place. Corian shop can telll you what adhesive to use. Have the corian shop router the edges in a profile you like to look finished if you cannot do. You may even still be able to get the same color and style of corian that shower is in as some are still available. Corian is very easy to work with as it is soft and normal shop tools work on it very well.

I can send you pictures if you send me email to douglasallman@gmail.com.