Author Topic: Wanted - wiring diagram for HWH Slideouts (relay K3) for 2005 Patriot  (Read 1735 times)

Mike Shumack

Good morning,
I've been reading about other people having problems with their slideouts (usually they cant get it to retract at end of their camp stay) and about "checking the relay" - so that prompted me to start thinking about my coach and how my HWH slideouts are controlled. My Patriot wiring diagram doesn't cover this and the HWH manual only has generic wiring diagram.

My Slides only work with the ignition switch in the Off position. The HWH manual shows the Slide function is also tied to the parking brake switch (Parking brake applied). My coach does not have the Bay door open interlock switches (unless someone previously by-passed them).

So I'm looking for wiring diagram on how the Slideout electrical system is tied to ignition switch and parking brake circuit. I see a relay in my front Run Bay called Slide (relay K3) but i have no information on how this relay is connected. I'm assuming that relay is for the Room Slides (I'll disconnect it to verify).

If anyone has a wiring diagram or knowledge of how this circuit works (how relay K3 is wired), let me know. I like to know how all the systems/circuits work on my coach - before I actually have a problem and need to troubleshoot. Figuring out all this stuff is part of the enjoyment I get from Beaver ownership.

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:30:28 PM by Mike Shumack »