Author Topic: Strange drip  (Read 3547 times)

Adam Hicklin

Strange drip
« on: April 08, 2019, 08:16:00 AM »
After parking the coach today and unloading, I noticed a small drip.  It was coming from what looked like some type of overflow tube, about 1/2 inch in diameter in the passenger side rear wheel well, just in Front of the tire.  At first I thought it was from the fridge as I had just turned off the fridge and unloaded.  But this tube is well back of the fridge.  In fact, a closet is directly above.  It appeared to be clean water.  Any ideas where this is coming from? 

Mike Shumack

Re: Strange drip
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:16:27 AM »
Maybe a roof AC drain. 
I don't know where those roof AC drains are located if you have them.
Is the roof wet and/or have you been running the AC unit?

Also - I was just reading about a similar problem/leak on an older Safari coach, in that case there is a water drain line (for winterizing) that drains out a 1/2" pipe at the rear wheel well. The drain valve is located in the bathroom cabinet. Not sure if you have anything similar, but if you did, the shutoff valve could be leaking.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:32:51 PM by Mike Shumack »

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »
Hey Adam,
   That is where my refer drain is. To prove that, open your refer door and pour some water in the catch tray under the aluminum fins and see where it drains out. Another thing that happens when the coach is that old, the drain tubing has fallen apart and cracked. The defrost condensation water from the refer will eventually leak out somewhere!
  Blessings & Joy, Fred Brooks
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Roy Lewis

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 07:11:04 PM »
Thats it!

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »
Ok. I’ll try that. Just seems like there was a more direct route to the ground from the fridge. This is probably a good 10 ft from the fridge.

Dwight Lakusta

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
I am having the same drip. I think it’s the air conditioner... well I hope it is!

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 03:58:03 PM »
I thought about that, but the AC wasn’t in use, and when it is, it usually just drips off the roof. 

Bill Laatz

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 01:47:16 PM »
On my 06 Marquis I had a leak under the passanger side bedroom sink and it was a backflow preventor or pressure breaker.  Mine developed a leak inside and I had to replace a significant portion of the bedroom floor.
Bill & Dawn Laatz, 
Oakland, Michigan (N. of Detroit)
2006 Beaver Marquis Jade 45QSL, #38277,
Cat 525HP C-13
2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad