Author Topic: Splendide 2000 - WD802 - door stuck closed  (Read 5650 times)

Johnny Beaver

• BAC Member
Splendide 2000 - WD802 - door stuck closed
« on: April 27, 2019, 12:35:25 AM »
Ran normal wash cycle and door started getting hard to open. Eventually would not open at all. I looked at many sites for how to address. I had to remove top and reach down into washer with screwdriver to add push latch tab to open. Tight space. Be careful to remove power & watch scratch points.
  Once the door was free, I removed switch assembly. The switch had 5 wires attached. I could not find a replacement. Based on comments from another, I decided to open the switch & see what was wrong. Taking the switch apart involved drilling out the plastic posts that were used to heat weld cover in place. Three wires address the PTC latch for locking. The other two wires are a contact for something else. With no wiring diagram, I have to assume it is part of control circuit. Turns out, the extra contact was impeding the latch shaft from free return when unlocked. I checked for smooth surfaces & lubricated with silicon spray. It operated more freely. Reassembled, tested on door latch, then reinstalled. All works well.
   Don't know if this will help anyone, but I looked a lot for info and did not find much.
2003 Patriot Thunder
CAT12 - 505
Jeep GC Overland
The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Splendide 2000 - WD802 - door stuck closed
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »
Hi Johnny,
    Splendide has a 2 minute time-out when washer is finished so you can't open it. These switches fail all the time and is available from Splendide 800-356-0766
Blessings & Joy, Fred Brooks
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Johnny Beaver

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 02:58:39 PM »
Next time, call Splendide. Splendide service can be reached at 1-800-356-0766. They have excellent phone and parts support. Got my door open and fixed, no need to remove the top.

http://www.splendide.com/support.htm
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."
The following users thanked this post: Johnny Beaver

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 11:58:21 PM »
They are only a couple miles from our home, and can be very helpful.  Sounds like yours could’ve been diagnosed by them over the phone, but you likely would’ve had to release the latch as you did anyway.  Consider getting a replacement switch as a spare for next time.

http://www.splendide.com/contactus.htm

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat