Visit our BAC Favorite Places Web Page

Author Topic: Vehicle Selling Solutions  (Read 443 times)

Sherry Klumpp

• BAC Member
  • New to RVing
Vehicle Selling Solutions
« on: May 12, 2019, 08:45:26 PM »
  A banner to get an estimate on the value of your motorhome showed up on the BAC website.  The company is Vehicle Selling Solutions, and they not only give you a sales price based on NADA, but will list it on eBay, arrange for a pre-purchase inspection, etc.  Has anyone used their services?

I seem to recall that BAC checks out companies before allowing them to advertise on the BAC website.  I’m trying to verify information.  They charge $800 to list the motorhome.  I may have misunderstood, but they said that’s what eBay charges.  However, eBay doesn’t charge to advertise.  It’s possible I misunderstood, and I’ve contacted the company for clarification.

Thank you

Sherry Klumpp

Sherry Klumpp
35 ft 2005 Beaver Monterey

Mike Shumack

• BAC Member
  • Orlando, Florida
Re: Vehicle Selling Solutions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »
Call BAC and ask them what they know about this advertiser. Probably nothing - I assume they only check BBB rating. Regardless, it's not the way I would go.

You can get your own NADA price for free. Then check the RVTrader for comparable coaches and see what they list for (options, mileages. etc.). Make a list then list your for the price that is closest to your coach's equipment/age/mileage/etc..

You can list on EBay yourself. Why pay someone to do it for you? Does VSS have some special adverting method to get more people interested in your coach (over the other EBay listings)?

Typically you pay a minimum fee to EBay or percentage of sale (to some maximum fee), which ever is higher. If you go with Vehicle Selling Solutions are you paying them $800 to list your coach and also paying the EBay seller fee?

Also, I don't think it means much that VSS is providing an inspection. Would a potential buyer trust "your company" to provide a good inspection. I think most buyers would want their own inspector.

IMO, this is close to a scam. I don't think it is illegal, just not the smart way to sell.
If you don't want the hassle of selling on your own consider a consignment where you agree in writing upfront how much you will pay them (some percentage of selling price or fixed fee) for the sale and the minimum you will sell for, then you park the coach on their lot for maximum exposure.
- Mike

'05 Beaver Patriot Thunder, Vicksburg, CAT C13  525HP, Allison 4000MH, HydraLift
The following users thanked this post: Sherry Klumpp

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 11:41:52 PM »
Sherry,
I don't know where you found this company (?) on our website.  I just opened it and didn't find it.  We have some sponsors, but no advertisers.  On our sponsor list, we have Alliance and Beaver Coach Sales only as businesses that sell recreational vehicles. 
In no way would I go with someone who was going to sell my coach on eBay for me.  I would do it myself and I, truthfully, don't think I would even try eBay.  There are too many other ways to sell your coach and get a good price for it.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Doug Allman

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 12:29:33 PM »
Sherri, I agree with Roy and before I would do anything in that regard I would check with Steve Huber as to how that banner got on the BAC website.
1991 Beaver Contessa  1994-2012   3116 Cat
2004 Beaver Marquis    2012 - 2017  C-12 CAT
2017 Entegra Cornerstone 45B   600 Cummins

Bill Sprague

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 03:57:17 PM »
Depending on your computer, chosen web browser and ad blocker settings, "banner ads" will show up.  It is one of the ways that Google makes their living!  So, when you are looking at the BAC website or any other website you may see ads that have never been reviewed by anyone in the BAC.

For what it's worth, as a confirmed camera junkie, I get lots of camera ads.
Bill Sprague
Past Region 1 VP
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW
Past 3 year owner '15 PleasureWay Pursuit
Past 12 year owner of '04 Monterey w/Cummins ISC 350

Tim Schafer

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 09:48:34 PM »
There are extensions/browser helper objects that can "replace" correct banner ads/sponsors with nefarious ones.  That is another possibility why you saw an ad that nobody else is seeing.

Wouldn't hurt to run a malwarebytes.org scan of your computer.

Tim
Tim & Ann Schafer
1997 Beaver Patriot Camden 40'

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 03:14:50 AM »
Previous posters are correct re ads. This was not an invited ad.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Sherry Klumpp

• BAC Member
  • New to RVing
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 08:54:22 PM »

Mike,

Thank you so much for the information.  I tend to get myself it trouble because I don't check things.  The Forum is always my go-to place for information.

Sherry

Call BAC and ask them what they know about this advertiser. Probably nothing - I assume they only check BBB rating. Regardless, it's not the way I would go.

You can get your own NADA price for free. Then check the RVTrader for comparable coaches and see what they list for (options, mileages. etc.). Make a list then list your for the price that is closest to your coach's equipment/age/mileage/etc..

You can list on EBay yourself. Why pay someone to do it for you? Does VSS have some special adverting method to get more people interested in your coach (over the other EBay listings)?

Typically you pay a minimum fee to EBay or percentage of sale (to some maximum fee), which ever is higher. If you go with Vehicle Selling Solutions are you paying them $800 to list your coach and also paying the EBay seller fee?

Also, I don't think it means much that VSS is providing an inspection. Would a potential buyer trust "your company" to provide a good inspection. I think most buyers would want their own inspector.

IMO, this is close to a scam. I don't think it is illegal, just not the smart way to sell.
If you don't want the hassle of selling on your own consider a consignment where you agree in writing upfront how much you will pay them (some percentage of selling price or fixed fee) for the sale and the minimum you will sell for, then you park the coach on their lot for maximum exposure.
Sherry Klumpp

Sherry Klumpp

• BAC Member
  • New to RVing
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 09:27:56 PM »

Roy,

It showed up when I was going to the Forum to post information about selling my Beaver.  All it said was that they would calculate a sells price for me.  It didn't say anything about selling.

A friend got concerned when I told him what I had done.  I went back on BAC, and I didn't see the ad again.  It was not listed with your sponsors.  I couldn't find nor have I seen it again.

I need to learn to be more careful.  I did charge it to my credit card, but I have signed nothing.  If I have to, I will dispute it through my credit card.

I checked BBB, and there were almost 20 complaints filed. 

It would have been the easiest way to sell the RV, but there are too many red flags to trust this company.  I wondered about the inspection and transporting the RV. 

I did question what the $800 was for and essentially got a run around.

Thanks all for keeping me out of trouble!!!

With whom do you suggest I advertise? 

We have a consignment RV place in Houston that used to be called PPL but has changed names.  They charge 15% to sell the motorhome.  I don't want to put a lot of effort into trying to sell.  My health is not the best, and I need to keep my stress levels down.  I've listed it on our Forum, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Thank you!!

Sherry

Sherry,
I don't know where you found this company (?) on our website.  I just opened it and didn't find it.  We have some sponsors, but no advertisers.  On our sponsor list, we have Alliance and Beaver Coach Sales only as businesses that sell recreational vehicles. 
In no way would I go with someone who was going to sell my coach on eBay for me.  I would do it myself and I, truthfully, don't think I would even try eBay.  There are too many other ways to sell your coach and get a good price for it.
Roy Warren
Sherry Klumpp

Pat Long

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 11:01:31 PM »
Just a word to THE WISE.  My computer states the this SITE IS NOT SECURE.    That my be some inside INFO
42' 2000 Marquis Amethyst   Hurricane Heater  Meritor Disc  Silverleaf
Allison HD 4060 C12 425 hp   Southern California