Author Topic: Systems Monitor Panel  (Read 5481 times)

Jerry Pattison

Systems Monitor Panel
« on: April 17, 2011, 04:13:57 AM »
I have 98 Beaver Marquis.  I just had the monitor panel (tank levels, AC input voltages, etc.) go berserk on me, all kinds of readings and red lights.  I have 12V to the panel, I have 12V out of the panel for the sensor.  My question is where is the sensor that this panel is depending upon?  The only connections for sensor are "Data +" and "Data -".  Anyway, I need to find the sensor source so I can trouble-shoot that!   All help is welcome!

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Systems Monitor Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
There are sensors all around my bays.  They are silver colored 4"x4"'x1" boxes with wires connecting to the panel.  This may not be much help, but you will know someone is reading your post Jerry.  I have not been able to find the outside temp sensor.

Larry

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
I have a 2000 Beaver Marquis with the CMP-10 panel.
A while ago mine did the same thing. Removing the panel and rearranging the wiring mess behind it allowed the pressure sensitive backing plate to be free . I have had no issues since,aside from sometimes having to touch one finger pad and working the unit with another.......possibly a ground issue???
When you remove the panel see if it works while it is not mounted.
Best of luck   Jeremy

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
Thanks to you both!  I have removed the panel, in fact removed the rear cover to see if there is a burned component in there, found nothing obvious.  It has a lot more electronics than I anticipated!  I have not cut the tie wraps on the wire bundle as you have suggested, but will do that.  No, the unit has difficulties even when removed.

Larry, I see those sensors all over the place in the basement also, but they must go to a "sensor gatherer" someplace since there is only one data line pair to the panel.  Gotta be a unit that I have not found that gathers the data from those 4 X 4 units, packetizes the data, and sends it to the panel where it is de-packetized and displayed.   :-/

I will try messing with the wire bundle.

Thanks again!

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 01:45:04 AM »
I messed with the wire bundle, looking for an intermittent connection.  No luck.  This next week I will E-mail some ex-Beaver employees with lots of knowledge, and see where that takes me!

Thanks again!

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 03:41:32 AM »
Jerry,

There are 3 very knowledgeable ex-Beaver employees at Bend RV Repair.  You may want to contact Jeff Spear at 541-388-5448.

Larry
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:59:34 PM by 5 »