Author Topic: Bay door indicator on dash  (Read 2804 times)

Rocky Healey

• BAC Member
Bay door indicator on dash
« on: May 31, 2019, 04:20:51 AM »
My bay door indicator keeps flashing on the dash, I have stopped and checked all bay doors and none are open.  I have looked at the plunger switches but am not sure how they work.  Does anyone have a similar problem or know about the switches and how to adjust them if possible.  Thank you in advanced for any info.

Rocky Healey
Rocky & Suzi Healey
2008 Patroit Thunder
C-13
45ft

Gerald Farris

Re: Bay door indicator on dash
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 05:05:46 AM »
Rocky,
The plunger switch that is located on each bay door simply provides a ground to the circuit when the bay door is open. This can turn on a bay light and/or a warning light on the dash. The only adjustment to the switch is how deeply it is threaded into the door frame. You can determine the offending switch by unplugging each switch one at a time and insulating the loose terminal until the light stops flashing. Then determine if it is a bad switch or an adjustment issue.

Gerald   

Robin Goffrier

Re: Bay door indicator on dash
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 02:26:52 PM »
Had the same issue. one of my door switches was loose and not making the correct contact when closed. just go around and check each plunger.  If, as i mistakenly thought, a switch is bad they are readily available and cheap.  Ended up replacing a couple that were worn, but the issue was a loose connection on my forward port side electrical bay door.  You'll find it and then that irritating light will go away.