Author Topic: bay lights 06 Pat  (Read 5262 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
bay lights 06 Pat
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
I am hoping you can help me with my bay lights, in all the bay area lights I get no lights working?

I think I may have a master switch some place but have not been able to locate it. In our old rig we had a switch that was a master, as I have not been able to locate this in our 06 Pat. Thunder I hope someone can help.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: bay lights 06 Pat
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:58:58 PM »
Jerry-

On our 06 Monterey, and most others I've seen of that era, the 'Bay Lights' switch is the first toward the driver's side in the row of switches on the immediate right as you come in the entry door.  That said, I'd think you'd have readily found it by now.  That master switch is handy as you go to bed at night while dry camping, to make sure a bay light doesn't burn unseen, running the bats down.  By putting it next to the door, the bay lamp circuit can be easily turned on and off as needed as you come and go, and is reached from either outside or inside the coach.

I reckon anything's possible, but it's hard to imagine the switch location on your Patriot being too different from our rig's.  I'm sure another '06 Patriot owner will prove me right or wrong  :-/.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:19:52 AM »
In our coach, the switch in left of the steering wheel on the dash.

Larry

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »

Hi Joel and Larry thanks for your input, unfortunately in the manufactures infinite wisdom they made mine different!

I have attached two photo to prove my case, like I said on our old coach we also had a bay light switch to turn on the basement lights, I am still thinking that on this rig the 06 Pat.Thunder they have one some place and it must be in the off position.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:13:17 AM »
You may not have a switch.  Our '98 Patriot did not.
You may try this.
Go to the outside electrical bay below the drivers seat.
Look on the power buss for the terminal for the bay lights.
Trace the wire to the breaker and beyond with a voltmeter or test light.
Checking terminals for loose wires or a bad breaker.

Hope you find where the voltage ends, and repair.

Good luck in your search.

Larry

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »
Our entry switch row is just like yours, Jerry, except for the additional Bay Lights switch to the far left.  I assume yours is not tucked in around the passenger seat sidebar someplace.

If you have a yellow wiring diagram book to consult, perhaps locate the switch that way, though it won't pinpoint it for you.  I'd consider giving Ty Kelly a call, or Loren in service, at Beaver Coach Sales, and see if they can remember where the switch is on your model.  1-800-382-2597.  I'm surprised no other '06 Patriot Thunder owners have chimed in yet, but Larry may be right if you don't have a switch at all.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »
Thanks Joel, I unfortunately don't have a wiring diagram for our rig, I think I will give Ty a call and see if they can help me out.

I'll let you know what happens

Regards, Jerry
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13