Author Topic: Possible Short in Turn Signal  (Read 2731 times)

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
Possible Short in Turn Signal
« on: June 20, 2019, 12:54:38 AM »
Have an o6 Beaver Monteray, Sometimes when we signal to the left or right, most of the time we have to reset the Aladdin 60% to engine setting etc.
When it is raining out it is a 100% to reset the aladdin. Lately when turning on the headlights manually the aladdin shows left turn consistently in dry weather. Any ideas as where to start.?  I would not mind doing away with the side cameras totally, the mirrors are more than sufficient.
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Mike Shumack

Re: Possible Short in Turn Signal
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »
There is a plug on the Aladdin "Video Coach Systems Interface" for the turn signals (that controls the camera switching on the monitor). I would start there, as it's pretty easy to get to. Check the plug connection. You could connect a voltmeter and test that the turn signal voltage is correct when the signals are on. If your getting low voltage or intermittent voltage as the turn signals are operated, that would tell the problem is in the wiring and not in the Aladdin unit.

However, since you say that rain causes the problem 100% of the time, I would think that you have a poor connection somewhere outside of the coach (at the turn signal light itself or one of the wires from the turn signal lamp is exposed).