Author Topic: No lighs at rear  (Read 2066 times)

Bill Dowden

• BAC Member
No lighs at rear
« on: June 16, 2019, 03:34:19 AM »
2009 beaver marquis. no tail lights no rear stop lights no backup lights no hot lead to hitch no turn lights and abs warning at same time.all happened when sitting. everything works but rear. looked for broken wiring all fuses. tempted to rewire tail lights etc. any fuses hidden?
2009 Marquis Amethyst
Cat C15

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: No lighs at rear
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 04:36:48 AM »
Mike Humble had similar problem with clearance lights at the Hilton Head Rally. I could not find a bad fuse. A call to Monaco led me to disconnect batteries and solar and wait 30 minutes then reconnect. Solved the problem and to my knowledge no problems since. Hopefully it'll work again.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9
The following users thanked this post: Bill Dowden

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 04:42:24 AM »
Make sure the plug for toad lights is disconnected from the coach before resetting the multiplex system. Just in case it's causing the problem.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Bill Dowden

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
Thanks Jim,
Disconnected batteries for over 30 minutes,  reconnected them and lights still didn't work until I reset breakers at the rear electrical box in the engine compartment.  We now have brake lights, turn signals and flashers in the rear.  Thank you, thank you Jim.  You are a life saver. I have spent a week trying to figure this problem out.  Now we can take her our again.   
2009 Marquis Amethyst
Cat C15