Author Topic: Generator Auto Started While Plugged into to Shore Power  (Read 3959 times)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Generator Auto Started While Plugged into to Shore Power
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 09:42:48 PM »
Jill - As long as your coach is plugged in, you don't need the AGS on... as long as your battery charging system is working properly.  But... if your battery charging system isn't working properly, then the generator wouldn't charge the batteries anyway because both shore power and generator power enter your inverter by the same wiring.  Is your battery status showing "Float" on the inverter with about 13.6 volts to 13.7 volts?  In fact, both battery banks should be showing 13.6 volts to 13.7 volts.  If they are showing these voltages, then your inverter is probably working properly AND your BIRD system or Echo Charger (whichever your coach has) is also probably working properly.

I lost my old Xantrex Trace 2500w PSW inverter a few years ago due to its battery charging function going bad.  As I noted in my prior post, I now have a Xantrex Freedom 3000w PSW.  I must say programming the Trace is MUCH more complex than programming the Freedom!  That said, much of my knowledge of programming the Trace has been lost.

I believe I have always left the AGS on when having the Trace and Freedom inverters.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!