Author Topic: Slide Lock for 2003 Beaver Marquis  (Read 1894 times)

Doug Till

• BAC Member
Slide Lock for 2003 Beaver Marquis
« on: June 23, 2019, 07:29:01 PM »
My Dining/Living Room Slide Lock broke and I am trying to decide if it should be replaced, repaired or just removed. Does anyone have a spare driver’s side rear Dining/Living Room slide lock for a 2003 Beaver Marquis? I ordered a slide lock set part number 10113606 from REV Group. It’s overall height is 64.25”. My slide lock is 66” so the REV part is too short.

I have removed the slide lock. I found the spot weld on one of the studs that hold the bottom locking device failed. I think if I can get the stud spot welded, the rest of the sheet metal might be repairable. Any suggestions of a good sheet metal shop in the Phoenix area?

I noticed one post that Bill Jordan that he posted in 2017 that he removed his slide locks and did not have any problems in 3000 miles . Has anyone else removed theirs? If you have, have you seen any problems? Thanks
Doug & Sarah Till
40' 2003 Marquis-Ruby, C12 505 HP

William Jordan

Re: Slide Lock for 2003 Beaver Marquis
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:49:47 AM »
No, I have had no issues. The top latch would not retract. Something with the cable mechanism I guess. Elite rv in Harrisburg ,a couple of great ex  Monaco employees , looked at it and said it was not needed , the locks that is. They were correct the slide doesn’t move at all.so far about 20,00 miles since .  Parts to repair are not available or are way too expensive. At elite the  covers were removed and  the mechanism removed and covers put back on , otherwise a paint job would have been needed. Looks fine with no issues
The following users thanked this post: Doug Till

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Slide Lock for 2003 Beaver Marquis
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 01:13:54 PM »
We traveled without the forward slide lock on the driver's side for almost a year.  Went to Alaska and back with no issues.  I did buy a manual slide locking bar like used on my old 5er but rarely used it.  I think the hydraulics do a fine job of keeping the slide in.
I should add (on edit) that I did have a hydraulic leak at one point that caused the slide to creep out when I was driving.  The slide lock didn't even slow it down.  At this point I would not hesitate to remove the slide lock as mentioned above.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH
The following users thanked this post: Doug Till