Author Topic: 2008 Marquis Cat C 15 A/C recharge  (Read 4183 times)

Gary Miller

2008 Marquis Cat C 15 A/C recharge
« on: July 20, 2019, 12:52:16 AM »
Need to recharge dash a/c but need help locating low side port. Is it hidden. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: 2008 Marquis Cat C 15 A/C recharge
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 01:04:14 AM »
We have way different coaches and years... but on our coach the blue-capped AC port is about one foot, maybe 15", above the front of the generator and behind the coach's front cap.  Our generator slides out the front... don't know about yours.  I push the generator out about a foot... just so I can get my left arm in there with my hand straight up and my elbow just about resting on the top of the generator.  I have read here on the Forum that some coaches have AC ports back near the AC pump on the engine.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gary Miller

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 01:35:40 AM »
Thanks, I’ll check tomorrow.

Gary Miller

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 08:00:09 PM »
I located the low pressure port in the rear. Started to recharge system and high pressure line near schrader valve is leaking and line will need replacing. Is the line a shelf item or does it require a custom item. I attached a photo for future reference. Thanks as always.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 03:20:30 AM »
Gary,
Just so you know, there is no photo attachment, at least not for me.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 04:48:08 AM »
Gary,
The high side line (hose) is not a stock, off shelf item. They were made-up at the assembly plant as needed. But any large automotive A/C shop can fabricate a new line to match the old one. However, if the line is a long run, it would be better to just splice a section to the end to replace the defective area if you have or can get a crimping tool.

Gerald

Gary Miller

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 04:02:29 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »
Gary
        I just wanted to pass on to you some information regarding your A/C, seeings we have the same year and model of coach.
 Keep an eye on your compressor for any leakage of lubricant or any other symptom that may warrant replacement. If such an event were to come about, make sure the replacement compressor is a "Sanden made in USA" and not a Chinese knockoff. Myself and one other Beaver Marquis owner went through this at the same time and same location. The Chinese knockoffs will be advertised as "Sanden Like" or "Sanden Type" which are inferior to the Sanden's made in the USA. This information was obtained from Sanden and also a Distributor of Sanden compressors.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley