Author Topic: Followup on C-9 fuel pump  (Read 5844 times)

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
Re: Followup on C-9 fuel pump
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 01:54:02 AM »
Mike

Before you order parts, do a thorough examination of the fuel lines from the tank all the way past both fuel filters to the engine.  My '06 Monterey had lots of plastic connectors on the 5/8 inch fuel line.  I ordered a whole bag of the Parker compression fittings and replaced all the ones I could get to while I was installing the new fuel pump.  Those plastic fittings age out and start to suck air into your fuel lines while under vacuum.  It is a good idea to replace them while you are doing the job.  Diesel injectors do NOT like having air in the fuel.

Also, I found that the electrical connector (CAT 155-2270 Connector) did not come with the required pin connectors.  The pin connectors come in different sizes depending on the size of wire you are using.  They don't seem to even have a part number.  I told the grizzled old parts guy at my local CAT dealer what I needed, and he said "sure, they are right over here".  He gave me 3 pair in different sizes and told me to use which ever set fit the wire I was installing with (I soldered mine together since I didn't have a crimper of that small size).  So, be forwarned, you may need to find someone in the know to get you the pin connectors.

Good luck with your install, I hope it solves your problems.

Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp