Author Topic: Fuel line leak  (Read 10653 times)

Adam Hicklin

Re: Fuel line leak
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2019, 05:55:19 AM »
The long ordeal is over.  Fuel line is installed.  Everything working as it should.  I’m attaching some pics of the fix.  Basically I re-routed the line down the side above the generator, over LP tank, then secured it to the LP piping that runs behind the slide. The space ends at the pass through just before the water compartment.  At that point I drilled in to the storage bay just below the inverter.  Once in, there was just enough space to fit the line back in to the frame rail and snake it over the holding tanks to pop out above the axle on to the engine compartment.  I left an extra loop of fuel line in the engine bay so when I eventually need to replace the primary filter set up, I’ll have a little more flexibility.  The best part about this route is if I ever have to do this again, it can probably be done in about an hour.  Special thanks to all those who contributed, especially Dave, Gerald and Mike.  Wouldn’t have even attempted this with out the deep knowledge base of the BAC!  I owe you all a drink if we ever meet up!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2019, 11:11:04 AM »
Nice job!
I would replace those tiny black cable-ties with the "175 lb or 250 lb-breaking strength" ones - and add a few more, if you get a chance.
This is one product where I've been disappointed buying off Amazon (too much junk for sale in this category).

https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/heavy-duty-zip-ties

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2019, 01:47:41 PM »
   Nice Job Adam, let the Love affair begin! Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
Congratulations. I'm in awe how anyone can get in to those places. I'm 6-3 and 215 lbs. No way.

Did you have it up on blocks or jack stands, or was it all done under there?
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 03:11:45 PM »
Also my congratulations.  Did you find any bodies while crawling through those caves?
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2019, 04:18:55 PM »
Let’s just say muscles are aching that haven’t ached in a long time. I’m 6 foot with long arms, so while my size was a drawback, the reach was helpful. The coach was raised up on the airbags as high as it would go then blocked.  It’s always a little nerve racking crawling around under there. Current project is replacing the the under side slide seal.  Another fun tight spot!

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »
Fred, you’re not kidding!  Like any love affair, it’s love/hate.  Friends ask about the Beaver, and I tell them, “When everything is working like it should, it’s am absolute dream.  But when something stops working, it’s a nightmare.”  I’m the type that will try to fix just about anything first, before I’ll pay someone.  Sometimes it works out.  As I said, the friends on the BAC forum have been a valuable asset.  I really appreciate you all and your willingness to help out and field my endless questions!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2019, 07:01:14 PM »
    Adam you are so right, like any ambivalent relationship I've learned to talk sweet to her right before I rip her guts out. Don't get discouraged just soldier on and take lots of breaks! Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6