Author Topic: Inverter comm wire.  (Read 2590 times)

Adam Hicklin

Inverter comm wire.
« on: August 27, 2019, 04:29:14 AM »
About a year ago my control panel (above the door)  for the Xantrex Prosine  inverter stopped working.  Completely dead.  I removed it and tested it with a short comm wire direct to the inverter in the basement.  Dead.  I found a recycled control panel on eBay, connected it direct in the basement.  Dead.  Charging function and everything else continued to work, I just couldn’t control anything From the control panel, most importantly, the inverter. 

Last night I was ordering a new Magnum inverter and I thought I should check the controllers one more time.  Connected both with an new comm wire in the basement.  THEY BOTH WORKED!! The problem must be the comm wire originally installed. 

Does anyone know how this wire is run on a 98 Marquis. At the inverter it disappears in to the frame rail, then comes out above the door.  It’s very tight.  Maybe I can duplicate the route.

Gerald Farris

Re: Inverter comm wire.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 07:25:18 AM »
Adam,
There is no way that you will be able to duplicate the original routing for your inverter com cable. The most common routes to run a replacement cable is to run from the basement to the area behind the refrigerator, and then into lower back corner of the overhead cabinets until to reach the needed location. The other routing is to run under the coach until you reach the LF electrical bay, then into the dash, up the windshield pillar post under the trim, and into the overhead cabinet.

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Inverter comm wire.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »
Adam, several years ago I had that same problem on our 2002 Thunder. I ran the new cord up through the floor where the propane line fed the refer. The upper cabinets on that side have false bottoms on them so there is about 1.5 inches between the bottom of the cabinet and mount for the under cab lights. I removed the false bottoms and ran the com wire through that cavity up front above the drivers door where the inverter remote panel was. It took about two hours. Marty