Author Topic: 1993 Patriot Fresh water tank location.  (Read 4052 times)

Thomas James

1993 Patriot Fresh water tank location.
« on: September 06, 2019, 01:28:02 AM »
OK, it's been awhile since I posted here. This aughta be a good one - My wife's sister and her husband just purchased a 93 Patriot Concord-36'. So we're going over it and we want to check out the water system. We started filling the Fresh water tank. Never got a reading on the panel. So I go to the front of the coach and guess what - No water tank. OK this thing can't hide. It's a 100 gl tank. But I swear, I can't find it anywhere. And there's only so many places it can be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, we have no manuals of any kind on this thing. Thanks,

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: 1993 Patriot Fresh water tank location.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 02:03:26 AM »
This might sound like a dumb idea, but if you have a fresh tank dump switch, try that and then look under the coach and see where its coming out. Most fresh water tanks can be seen from an open bay door.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 02:13:09 AM »
Thomas,
The fresh water tank on a 93 Patriot is located between the frame rails inside in the opening between the front cap and the front axle. It is inside a galvanized sheet medal enclosure with Styrofoam insulation and the heating duct that runs below the coach floor is connected to it to prevent freezing when the heating unit is running. Most of them also have an electrical heat tape below the tank that plugs into a receptacle in the basement. There should be a fresh water tank drain just behind the front bumper that looks like a manual holding tank drain gate valve. 

Gerald

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 02:43:52 AM »
Thomas,
This is the 1993 brochure set. It's located on the BAC website. https://get.google.com/albumarchive/115291751631486328258/album/AF1QipPpZMvW-PvahLRxbkx_ALiKwtGMQOMeNeY6sJEt
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Thomas James

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 03:53:55 AM »
Well then someone removed it. Cause it is most Definitely Not there. That's where mine is. And I looked there. All I saw was a whole lot of nothing. OK, this is gonna be fun. WOW! I wonder how much That will cost, or IF it's even feasible?!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 03:34:18 PM »
   If you have to locate a replacement, Take the measurements of the location it was located. (verified by loose fill hose, vent hose, discharge hose and maybe a back-fill hose) Then a strategy to install it leaving some way to connect hoses. Don't be afraid to downsize a little. Once you find a tank you can use, multiply height by width by length and divide by 231 to find out what the gross gallons are to see if it meets your needs. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »
So Thomas, where was the water going that you were trying to fill the nonexistent tank with?
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »
Thomas,
It is doubtful that you can find a tank to fit the location, but any plastic welding/fabrication shop can make you an exact replacement for just a little more than an off the self tank. The 93 Patriot tank has 3 openings. a vent line out the top of the tank, a drain out the bottom, an a 1/2 inch pipe thread fitting just above the bottom on the driver's side that serves as the supply and refill location.

Gerald

Thomas James

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 03:15:08 PM »
OK, update on the fresh water tank saga - We found it! And you wouldn't believe where it is..... it's in the middle of the coach, right next to the gray/black tank. We had to take the panel off the water fill section so we could see in there, and sure enough there it was. But-and here's the kicker, the drain for it is one of those little white 1/4 turn valves like you have for your cold/hot water drains. There IS a drain tube for it tho. But it's cut off right even with the bottom of the coach. You haveta lay on the ground to even see it. But Geez, it would take half a day to drain the danged thing-lol. Anyway, it IS there. I guess this being the first year of the Patriot, they found what mistakes they made and improved on them. Because our 94 is most definitely much better. Lol

Gerald Farris

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 03:48:41 AM »
Thomas,
In the 93 production run, Beaver was in finical trouble that lead to the bankruptcy filing in 94. So they were putting coaches together with whatever they had on hand to lower the parts cost to build a coach. So this could be one of the very early 93 Patriots that they were just learning how things fit the best or it could be one of the very late ones were they had run out of the tank that fits up front, but they had extra tanks that would fit elsewhere.

Gerald