Visit our BAC Favorite Places Web Page

Author Topic: Coming To America  (Read 254 times)

Michael Hannan

• BAC Member
Coming To America
« on: September 13, 2019, 03:55:47 AM »
Well the forum description says posts about anything.  So, let's take that thought for a test ride.  I'm guessing that most of the folks here are about my age (65) give or take 19 years.  There's probably a few Chicago (the band) fans.  I know that they hit the music scene in the late 60s with the release of the Chicago Transit Authority album.  Perfect for me who was starting to play trumpet and wanting to fit into the Rock scene.  Chicago is still around and touring with the three remaining founding members now 72,73 & 74.  I'm pretty sure that Jimmy Pankow will still be performing on stage in a hospital bed in 20 years if he has his way.

Five years ago I happened on a YouTube video of a Russian band playing Chicago's music the way that it was performed in the studio.  I couldn't believe my ears! They were spot on, note for note with vocals not identical but so very close.  Anyhow,the first video was posted 4 years ago and with the addition of more songs their videos viewed total is just short of 20 million.

The have become so popular that fans practically demand that they tour, primarily in the USA.  They toured the USA in January and again this summer and are preparing to start there Fall tour of 34 US concerts.  Their fans are indeed fanatical most of whom have grey, no or little hair but standing and dancing to the music at their concerts. Leonid & Friends is the name of the band and I highly recommend that you check out the video link that I'll leave here and also check out there website for concert dates this October, November & December.  If you like Chicago or maybe just so so like them I encourage you to find a concert near you and go see them.. Tickets tend to sell out fast.  Honestly, I'm not paid for nor am I trying to SPAM crap to you.  They are the real deal.  Highly entertaining.

YouTube Link to latest cover song: https://youtu.be/l7yg_0gRUJI

Their website: http://leonidandfriends.band/  you'll find their tour schedule there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:03:54 AM by Michael Hannan »
2003 Beaver Marquis 40'
CAT 10
Full time RV'er
The following users thanked this post: Vicki Warren, Keith Moffett, Keith Cooper, Dan Murphy, Jerry Emert

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Coming To America
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 09:40:39 AM »
Right about the vocals not 'spot on' but dang they are close to the young Chicago sound!
I am not a moderator here but the "anything" clause I always thought that meant anything about RV's.  Hmmmmm, you do have a point!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Michael Hannan

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »
No point beyond passing on some info that perhaps folks might consider for a night out.  The Fall tour has a few concert in areas where some members might go to beat the northern snow.  I think they are class entertainment and might serve as an evening out for good music.  So that's the nexus I saw.  Nothing more.  Kind of like passing on info about a coach repair facility that gives you good service.  Nothing nefarious intended.

MJ
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:32:33 AM by Michael Hannan »
2003 Beaver Marquis 40'
CAT 10
Full time RV'er

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie & JB
  • BAC Member
  • 2004 Marquis Sapphire 45, 505 hp C-12
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 02:12:40 PM »
At 6 am on Friday the 13th, that you-tube was refreshing... kind of a mood-setting event for the day, eh?  I enjoyed it immensely!  Thank you.
David, Leslie & JB
Towing a black Chevy Avalanche
Using a Blackhawk Towbar & Evenbrake
RF Mogul Eagle 3 for DISH TV
Go Beavers, OSU Class of '71
RVing since 1973
Constitutionalists, Golfers & Capitalists
Your luck is the residue of your management

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 07:09:59 PM »
Folks,
Keep in mind that we have a finite amount of server space so if you use it up on non-RV topics, valuable RV related topics may bite the dust. We have one of the most respected RV forums on the web. Let's keep it that way. Consider using Facebook or another alternate communication vehicle to discuss non-RV topics.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Michael Hannan

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 10:16:14 PM »
Understood Steve.  I was looking to inform BAC members specifically as a group.   I thought that given the fact that during the fall/winter months some folks maybe be RVing in warmer areas of the US and might consider this info for their entertainment. So although not referencing the RV itself this was for the owners.  However, I will keep the spirit of this forum and post only RV related info from now on.  Feel free to delete this one.

MJ
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 11:47:07 PM by Michael Hannan »
2003 Beaver Marquis 40'
CAT 10
Full time RV'er