Author Topic: What is the part number for the Bay Door power lock actuator - '05 Patriot?  (Read 2348 times)

Mike Shumack

Does anyone know what the part number is for the Bay Door power lock actuator?  2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder.

I bought two TriMark actuators after reading what the part number is for the "Monacoer's part list document" - but they turned out to be different in the mounting. The holes are spaced correctly but the actuator arm is not in-line with the door lock mechanism. I was able to use them but they are not correct.

This is what I bought:

Mike Shumack

Re: What is the part number for the Bay Door power lock actuator - '05 Patriot?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 01:47:40 PM »
This what the factory actuator looks like. There's no manufacturer name or number on it

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »
Mike, I just had BCS replace all my actuators. They used the type you just bought, as TriMark doesnt make the old style anymore. JUst have to fiddle with the linkage to make them work. They open and close with a mighty 'thump' and seem to work better than the old ones.  BCS also replaced the door lock keypad; never worked since we bought the coach in '15. Now we don't even use the key fob, that keypad is terrific! (Just don't forget to enter #9 after the door unlock code!)
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 06:14:45 PM »
Mike, Here is a photo of how BCS solved the problem with the new actuator. The mechanic used standoffs to align the actuator, pretty simple! Works well.
525 hp C13

The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Fred Brooks

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 12:29:06 PM »
Yea, that's what I did to make it work.
Thanks

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »
One thing the mechanic pointed out, was that he always uses a small ty-wrap to secure the one-way washer on the linkage, where it connects to the door latch. Zoom in on the photo and you can see the washer held fast with the black ty-wrap. On my original linkage, this washer had backed out so much that it allowed the actuator plunger to extend to the side, instead of moving the linkage and opening the latch. The ty-wrap prevents this.
525 hp C13

The following users thanked this post: Jim Nichols