Author Topic: Paint Manufacturer  (Read 2673 times)

Adam Hicklin

Paint Manufacturer
« on: September 17, 2019, 03:38:57 AM »
Does anyone happen to know the paint brand used on a 1998 Marquis?  I have the colors and the paint code numbers, but that is no help without the brand.  Thanks in advance.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Paint Manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 03:58:40 AM »
I don't think its necessary to have the brand. Most body shops these days can just scan your colors on the coach and match them perfectly, including the fading from age, if needed.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 04:24:17 AM »
I am not sure about the Marquis, but I believe that on my 98 Patriot it was Sherman Williams.  I'm about 2000 miles away from it or I would go by and verify it.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 03:22:20 PM »
Adam,
Your paint information should be on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door, but I believe that the paint manufacturer was R&M Diamont. However, as Stan said, most good automotive paint retailers and body shops today have scanners that can match your paint color with the make of paint that they sale. This is important because the federal government has forced many changes on paint manufacturers in the last 22 years, and your original paint formulation is probably not made today. Also there is 22 years of sun fading to consider.

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson, LaMonte Monnell, Fred Brooks