Author Topic: FUEL DISCOUNT CARD FREE  (Read 18957 times)

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

Re: FUEL DISCOUNT CARD FREE
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »
What Ken said......and:

I received my EFS card in mid Sept, a couple days before we left on our round trip from Spokane to So AZ. Bottom line is we saved a tad over $200 on our fuel stops.

Our first stop was in Boardman, Oregon at Loves. Unknowing of their process as an Oregon station my EFS card wouldn’t work at the pump. I went inside and they said all of their truck lanes were set up for PUC diesel. They ran my card and everything worked. One thing I find really ok about Loves is your receipt is in a slot on the fuel desk that corresponds with the pump number. Makes for quick in an out of the store.

A look at diesel prices , that they update daily most of the time, just for info:

Loves in Post Falls, Id, discounts diesel 91 cents per gallon, Flyin J, across the street discounts .80. The two Flyin J stations in Spokane are discounting .80. those two stations are always in the mid to high $3 range. Montana stations usually have lower prices anyway. Loves in Missoula gives .18.

Once you join up you get the daily fuel price updates across the country. The EFS app logs your most recent activity and I think it resets the end of a month. The activity is then transferred to “account activity” in the app. Tap on one of your stops and you will see your total discount.

This is nothing to sneeze at…….and it’s free to join up…in the process they will tell you they will take $200 from your account for cash if you should need cash at a fuel stop. The cash is always yours for you to use.

TSD Logistics is apparently the fuel broker. EFS takes 10% of your fuel savings as their profit. EFS is the card company.

TSD # 800-275-5089

The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks, Gary Curtis

Ken Sair

• BAC Member
  • Second generation fulltimers!!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 09:07:56 PM »
And, it pays to shop around. the discounts are not always the same even within a specific company or state..

Seems like Pilot has stepped up their discounts from early summer. Good news. If I get a great price I will fuel earlier.

Always a good excuse for a rest and stretch.

The up to date site is WWW.tsdlogistics.com/daily-rates/

Ken
BAC members since 2006
The following users thanked this post: Gary Curtis

Keith Cooper

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2019, 11:51:08 AM »

John Bagwell

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 01:37:20 AM »
We used the fuel discount card on our recent trip from home (CHARLESTON SC) TO Sanibel Island, FL.  We filled up twice , 54 and 62 gallons, at pump price of $3,18, with discount, price came out to $2.71 per gallon at Love Truck Stops. Trip was 1200 miles total.   Still need to top off at locate stations, diesel $2.79. 
John Bagwell
2001 Monterey 36ft.
CAT 3126B
Toad. 2020 Ford Ranger

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 02:47:36 AM »
I've fueled three times since getting the TSD card (all in AZ). Saved $87 on 145 gal of fuel. Not too shabby  :)
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 09:40:06 PM »
Hi guys out there who use the discount fuel card.  Is the card just a discount card and not a credit card?  I'd like to get the discount card and not have to use  it as a credit card.  If you have the card does it show where one can use it or do you have to go on line to find the locations?
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 11:55:27 PM »
   Hi Mandy,
    I just got mine in the mail today and will give it a try next week. According to TSD, they request payment from your checking account approx. 3 days after using it. I'll let you know how it works out. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 12:28:01 AM »
Mandy,
The TSD card is kind of like a debit card in that it debits your checking account for fuel purchases. It is only good for buying diesel fuel and DEF at participating dealers. Additionally it will allow you to get $200 from your account at the truck stop if  you need cash. Most of the major truck stop chains are participating, i.e. Loves, Petro, Pilot/Flying J, TA, etc. When you get your card you can check out all the locations by state. Loves gives the best discounts. I fueled at Loves twice and paid $2.66 vs $3.29 once and $2.71 vs $3.25. At TA I paid $2.70 vs 3.15 posted pump price.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 01:47:01 PM »
Mandy,
It is a debit card.  It uses the high volume of RV'ers to purchase diesel fuel at truck stops.  You must use the truck lanes.  On our trip from Houston to Phoenix, we saved over $100 on our 3 fill-ups.  There is an app you use to determine locations and costs (approximate, since they are based on the last person who used the card at the stop and the price of diesel when that person purchased fuel).  We were given an account of purchase about 15 minutes after our purchase and a final bill when they debited our account.  The difference was about 1% more for the debit, so that is the way they make money, I guess.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 02:07:33 PM »
They take 10% of the money you saved for their profit.

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »
Hi I just read an article in RVtravel that indicates that this card will not have a discount for fuel for rvs at Pilot/ flying J.

Good Sam tells Pilot/Flying J to end big diesel discounts to RVers
In last Sunday’s issue we sang the praises of the TSD RV Fuel Program, whereby members receive substantial discounts on diesel fuel purchases when fueling up at network truck stops. What we didn’t anticipate was the uproar from the Good Sam Club after our story appeared. Good Sam demanded the TSD discount be disallowed at Pilot/Flying J locations because it conflicted with its own exclusive program. Sadly for RVers, it comes up way short in saving them money.

Can anyone confirm if they have had an issue.
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee

William Jordan

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 02:22:59 PM »
There is no issue. The card just will no longer give a discount at p/fj locations any longer. Pilot wasn’t happy that TSD logistic was reselling the discount to RVers .. good Sam complaints or other reasons are not especially clear. The system uses a EFS fuel card used by many trucking companies  It still works ( with discounts ) at several other locations they have discounts at with loves being one of the best deals at 40-60 or more cents off. Now remember however that Loves  starts out at a higher price than other stations in the area but still nets a considerable savings I saved over my normal gas buddy Search prices over 150$ , over 200  on Loves actual prices. On my Oregon to Florida trip this year
One correction is it isn’t a “debit card” per say .. it’s a ACH withdrawal from your checking account that you give them access to. Much like I did with the water company back home. Look up ACH Withdrawals for clarity. Some folks are nervous about giving that access , I’m not.
EFS bills TSD Logistics ( A trucking company logistics company ) and they in turn “ACH”  Your checking account 2-3 days later upcharging 10% of the savings from listed pump price as their cut.
Google up TSD Logistics in Texas for all the details
I have been using it since October with no issues. They now have a online application. They will want your SS number so if you stiff them they can come after you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 02:33:28 PM by William Jordan »

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 02:23:38 PM »
   Folks,
Here is the follow up that I spoke of after using the card for the first time. I filled up at the Love's in Benson AZ. It was about 2 weeks ago and the posted price of diesel out front and the RV pump was $3.15 a gallon. The posted price at the truck lane for cash only was $2.98 a gallon. I used the truck lane for debit/credit cards. I put in 75 gallons and used the TSD card. When I checked my account 5 days later they charged me $191.00 for the 75 gallons. Savings from the RV lane price is $45.25. Savings from the cash truck lane is $32.50. It's real my friends!
  Draw backs include messy environment when you step out, Pump handles that you can't even "click on low" so you have hang onto to control the flow. Overall experience: it was worth the $45.25 savings.
  Here is the phone# to get the application, be patient because it is a hit and miss process with one lady answering the phone: 800-275 5089. Just sharing the good news, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 04:37:50 PM »
In another forum, I read that Pilot/Flying J no longer accepts the TSD fuel card, after Good Sam decided to enforce their discount program against Pilot/Flying J. It seems that Good Sam's 8 cent discount agreement with Pilot is exclusive, and they gave the ultimatum to Pilot-Our way or the Highway; and Pilot went with Good Sam. Another reason to avoid Pilot.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2020, 04:53:56 PM »
Bill, I believe Good Sam owns Pilot/Flying J!  Doesn't seem they would have much choice.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH